Cakefolk for the Cakewalk v.1.4.1

murat k.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 10:47 AM, winkpain said:

Do you as CW staff or does anyone else at CW have an opinion about it's use on non-legal grounds, i.e. ethical or logistical?  Could it be a detriment, inhibit, or break stuff within Cakewalk's functionality?

My understanding is that Cakefolk doesn't alter Cakewalk's code, it's an overlay you run when you start Cakewalk that traps input and runs macros (correct me if I'm wrong about that, Murat). As such, there's no license violation (Cakewalk code doesn't need to be disassembled), and if using it were to interfere with some Cakewalk function or other, then the user can just stop running it and wait for Murat to fix it.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

My understanding is that Cakefolk doesn't alter Cakewalk's code, it's an overlay you run when you start Cakewalk that traps input and runs macros (correct me if I'm wrong about that, Murat). As such, there's no license violation (Cakewalk code doesn't need to be disassembled), and if using it were to interfere with some Cakewalk function or other, then the user can just stop running it and wait for Murat to fix it.

Certainly. I didn't answered @winkpain's question because the question didn't asked me directly. Thank you @Starship Krupa for the clarification. ☺️

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ondrej Ciz said:

Looks very interesting. Sadly, all the links seem to be down. 

I removed the links after expiration of the latest Cakefolk Beta release. Currently, only subscribers from the Patreon have an access to the Cakefolk.

5 hours ago, murat k. said:

Я удалил ссылки после истечения срока действия последней бета-версии Cakefolk. В настоящее время только подписчики из Patreon имеют доступ к Cakefolk.

subscribed to patreon but don't see how to download

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, murat k. said:

I removed the links after expiration of the latest Cakefolk Beta release. Currently, only subscribers from the Patreon have an access to the Cakefolk.

I see. Are there any plans to release a one time pay version without subscription? 

...vultures arriving on free products that begin to have an interesting user base trying to take a profit from this (with the usual scheme that even children now know..), having practically done very little beyond adding some options here and there...

Good luck with your "job"

Edited by Ronny.G

On 4/28/2021 at 5:50 PM, Ondrej Ciz said:

I see. Are there any plans to release a one time pay version without subscription? 

Thank you for the question @Ondrej Ciz and sorry for the late respond. I thought about your question in the day. I think one time pay is good for finished products with no needs any updates. Because when you pay for an update it's not being one time pay anymore. 

There is an option "Lifetime free updates" on the market. As far as I know only FL Studio made that without problem for years. Cakewalk was a paid software for like 30 years and it has a payment option "lifetime free updates" but 2 years later BandLab bought it from Gibson and turned into a free software. I mean I can't give you a guarantee. 

Cakefolk is more like a software as a service right now. Considering that you pay small amount of money for the time only when you use the product looks reasonable enough to me.

1 hour ago, murat k. said:

Thank you for the question @Ondrej Ciz and sorry for the late respond. I thought about your question in the day. I think one time pay is good for finished products with no needs any updates. Because when you pay for an update it's not being one time pay anymore. 

There is an option "Lifetime free updates" on the market. As far as I know only FL Studio made that without problem for years. Cakewalk was a paid software for like 30 years and it has a payment option "lifetime free updates" but 2 years later BandLab bought it from Gibson and turned into a free software. I mean I can't give you a guarantee. 

Cakefolk is more like a software as a service right now. Considering that you pay small amount of money for the time only when you use the product looks reasonable enough to me.

Fair enough. Anyway, I wish you all the best with this project.

• Thanks 1