murat k.

Cakefolk for the Cakewalk v.1.3.0

New Release just came out!

Cakefolk for the Cakewalk v.1.3.0

495478902_CafefolkfortheCakewalk.thumb.png.a2c1a0fd22f7d1e0322bf4b14efb2f73.png

Cakefolk™ for the Cakewalk Version 1.3.0

What's New

• BandLab Assistant & BandLab Mix Editor support added.
  • Instrument Track to Audio Track Automations (ITATA).
  • Render Selected Clip(s).
  • FX related Commands for the selected track.
  • Resize and Move Tracks from the Clips Pane.
  • Auto Arm Audio and MIDI Tracks.
  • Cakefolk Control Icon added to the Cakewalk Menu Bar.
  • Cakefolk Software Patreon Page access from the Cakefolk Icon.

Behavior Change

• Selection Duration Helper now works with only when Esc key pressed on the keyboard.

Overview
This program is a working feature request for the Cakewalk software. You can do what you can't do in the Cakewalk with this program.

Available features on the release v.1.3.0 :

1. Focusing the Track by clicking on the Clips Pane.
2. Selection Duration Helper by the Time Ruler Selection.
3. Right Mouse Button Selection implementation for all tracks in the project
4. Isolating Used Tracks in the Selection Range
5. Selection Duration Helper for selected clips.
6. Positioning the Now Time by clicking on the MIDI Controller section in the PRV.
7. Bringing the Background Color Menu over the selected clip(s).
8. Accidental Rename Preventer™ for the Media Browser.
9. BandLab Assistant support.
10. BandLab Mix Editor support.
11. Instrument Track to Audio Track Automations (ITATA)

• ITATA Type 1: Without FX + Keep Sends & FX & Prochannel + Delete Instrument
  • ITATA Type 2: With FX + Keep Sends + Delete Instrument Track + Reset Prochannel
  • ITATA Type 3: With FX + Do not keep Sends + Delete Instrument Track
  • ITATA Type 4: With FX + Do not keep Sends + Hide Instrument Track

12. Render Selected Clip(s)
13. FX related Commands for the selected track.

• Copy FX Bin
  • Paste FX Bin
  • Empty FX Bin
  • Reset ProChannel

14. Resize and Move Tracks from the Clips Pane.
15. Auto Arm Audio and MIDI Tracks.

Installation
In the first use, run Cafefolk for the Cakewalk.exe before the Cakewalk. Then start the Cakewalk. Every function will work automatically. You can freely make changes to the interface while using the Cakefolk™.

Usage

1- Focusing the Track by clicking on the Clips Pane.
Just click anywhere on the Clips Pane. You'll see that the track's name is highlighted on the selected row.

10.png.9716565493d13a9a5bf7801eb03fc503.png

2- Selection Duration Helper by the Time Ruler Selection.
Press Esc key on the keyboard and do the selection on the Time Ruler . A selection duration indicator will appear next to the cursor. If you want to extend the selection and see the duration of it, just move the cursor a little and click on the tooltip then extend the selection.

9.png.46cdd2a9157d3882f8eabc1774493c5f.png

3- Right Mouse Button Selection implementation for all tracks in the project
Do the selection with the Right Mouse Button left to the right on the Time Ruler. After releasing the mouse button program will scan the project till the end of it and does the right click selection to the entire project.

11.png.f154b63d045a9c9670446f814173480a.png

4- Isolating Used Tracks in the Selection Range
Do the selection with the Right Mouse Button right to the left on the Time Ruler. After relasing the mouse button program will scan the project till the end of it and isolates the used tracks in the area which you have selected. So this means the selection hides unused tracks in the selected area. You can go back the previous view with left clicking twice while pressing the Right Mouse Buttton.

12.png.5d66ed1fd900e3c55dc3c5652a7ea2ac.png

5- Selection Duration Helper for selected clips.
Select a clip and hit Capslock & Right Mouse Button. After that a tooltip will appear next to the cursor which shows you the selection duration.

13.png.43eea72f648b1cecf7bcd75c7ccb3488.png

6- Positioning the Now Time by clicking on the MIDI Controller section in the PRV.
Just click on the MIDI Controller section to change the Now Time.

14.png.81652633564c9163bce45cdecff580c4.png

7- Bringing the Background Color Menu over the selected clip(s).
Select the clip(s) and press Capslock & Left Mouse Button. This will bring the Background Color Menu over the selected clip(s). Release the Capslock button.Then select the color you want.

15.png.25de8d2ce3a701c21eac70f77e67f6a7.png

8- Accidental Rename Preventer™ for the Media Browser
Thanks to Cakefolk™'s Accidental Rename Preventer™ technology, now you can freely use the Media Browser without accidentally renaming a file when you click a file name for the second time.

17.png.55139ec156bcc92e3a48721ba83fc2c7.png

9- BandLab Assistant support
You can click on the BandLab icon or just hit Tab & Esc keys on your keyboard to open BandLab Assistant on the Browser Section.

18.png.d05a85711f54c7996f3f77520640b715.png

After clicking the BandLab icon, icon will turn colored, means BandLab Assistant is active.

19.png.3b71b1fe45665b210cb175770c942b7d.png

The size of the BandLab Assisant Window in the Cakefolk™ is changable. So you can resize it to anysize if you want. It works on every GUI position like Left-Right Dock, Multidock and Detached Browser Window.
You can drag&drop samples from the BandLab Assistant to the Clips Pane directly.
To close BandLab Assistant, click the BandLab icon again.

10 – Mix Editor Support
Open the Console View and Right Click to the BandLab Icon.

18.png.0bd3d9a075e77d791983e661e336794b.png

It will bring you the BandLab Mix Editor on the Console View.

20.thumb.png.2092b44da11962e572224fd012c03202.png

Cakefolk uses Microsoft Edge Browser for this feature. You need to Sign in to your BandLab account with Microsoft Edge Browser at first to use this feature properly.
You can change the size of the Mix Editor by changing Console View's size. It works on Multidock and Detached Browser Window.
You can drag&drop your Audio&MIDI clips directly to the Mix Editor and continue to work on Mobile.
If you want to work with BandLab Mix Editor with your MIDI Controller, you should release it from the Edit/Preferences/MIDI/Devices/Inputs menu of the Cakewalk.

11 - Instrument Track to Audio Track Automations (ITATA)
ITATA is an action pack for turning an Instrument track to Audio track. Just in case save your project before using these actions.
Just click on the Tracks Name and hit the keyboard shortcut of the desired ITATA Action.

21.png.0c9be33a135dd87f3a486a5fe18d4539.png

After hitting the ITATA shortcut, do not move the mouse till the action ends.

• ITATA Type 1: Without FX + Keep Sends & FX & Prochannel + Delete Instrument Track
    Click on the Instrument Tracks name and hıt 1 & 2 keys on your keyboard.
    This ITATA action will keep all FX and Sends on the Instrument Track and delete the Synth.

• ITATA Type 2: With FX + Keep Sends + Delete Instrument Track + Reset Prochannel 
    Click on the Instrument Tracks name and hıt 1 & 3 keys on your keyboard.
    This ITATA action will keep all FX and Sends on the Instrument Track and delete the Synth.

• ITATA Type 3: With FX + Do not keep Sends + Delete Instrument Track
    Click on the Instrument Tracks name and hıt 1 & 4 keys on your keyboard.

• ITATA Type 4: With FX + Do not keep Sends + Hide Instrument Track
    Click on the Instrument Tracks name and hıt 1 & 5 keys on your keyboard.

If you have assigned more than one channel to a Multi-Channel Soft Synth. ITATA will not remove the Synth, it will only release the assigned Outport.

12 - Render Selected Clip(s)

• Render a Selected Clip
    Select a clip on the Clips Pane and hit 1 & w.
    This action will render selected clip and move the created audio track to the top of the selected clips track.

• Render Selected Multiple Clips
    Select a clip on the Clips Pane and hit 1 & e
    This action will render selected clips and creates audio track at the end of theTracks List.

13 - FX related Commands for the selected track
Select the track by clicking the Tracks Name and use the command shortcut.

21.png.fa04b62d4626cc878d79a0fcf9802167.png

• Copy FX Bin
    Hit 1 & c on your keyboard to Copy All Audio FX on the selected Track.
  • Paste FX Bin
    Hit 1 & v on your keyboard to Paste All Copied Audio FX on the selected Track.
  • Empty FX Bin
    Hit 1 & x on your keyboard to Delete All Audio FX on the selected Track.
  • Reset ProChannel
    Hit 1 & r on your keyboard to Reset ProChannel of the selected Track. This action loads the Prochannel Preset named: Misc - Full Reset.pcp

14 - Resize and Move Tracks from the Clips Pane.

By holding Left Mouse Button & Right Mouse Button at the same time, you can resize the track from the bottom, and you can move the track up or down when the cursor is at selection state (not Move) from the Clips Pane.

15 - Auto Arm Audio and MIDI Tracks.

Hitting "R" key on the keyboard, auto arms focused Audio Tracks just like MIDI Tracks. Hitting "R" key again or "Space" key on your keyboard stops recording and unarms the focused track.

Cakefolk Control Icon
You can access patreon page by clicking Cakefolk Icon on the Title bar to support Cakefolk™ development and subscribe desired Cakefolk subscription plan.
Also you can access Cakefolk Help Menu by clicking the Cakefolk™ icon with Right Mouse Button.

22.png.cb7f47945b170a7b333c3cb2d5adf732.png

Shortcuts List

Insert - Suspend toggle for the Cakefolk™
Capslock & Left Mouse Button - Bringing the Background Color Menu over the selected clip(s).
Capslock & Right Mouse Button - Selection Duration Helper for selected clips.
Left & Right Mouse Button – Resize and Move Tracks from the Clips Pane
Tab & Esc - Open BandLab Assistant on the Browser.
Esc & Tab – Open BandLab Mix Editor on the Console View
1 & 2 - ITATA Type 1: Without FX + Keep Sends & FX & Prochannel + Delete Instrument
1 & 3 - ITATA Type 2: With FX + Keep Sends + Delete Instrument Track + Reset Prochannel
1 & 4 - ITATA Type 3: With FX + Do not keep Sends + Delete Instrument Track
1 & 5 - ITATA Type 4: With FX + Do not keep Sends + Hide Instrument Track
1 & W – Render Selected Clip
1 & E – Render Selected Clips
1 & C – Copy FX Bin
1 & V – Paste FX Bin
1 & X – Empty FX Bin
1 & R – Reset ProChannel
R – Auto Arm MIDI and Audio Tracks
Space – Stop playback and unarm the track if it is already armed by the R key.

Disclaimer
Use at your own risk.

Cakefolk™ for the Cakewalk
© Murat Karaca 2021

Edited by murat k.
  • Thanks 2

haven try it but looks pretty cool! what other features are u planning  or are able to add in the future?

8 hours ago, JL said:

haven try it but looks pretty cool! what other features are u planning  or are able to add in the future?

Thanks, JL! I prefer not to telling about what will be in the next update to be a surprise. Just stay tuned!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Isn't this illegal? 😕 

This all depends on the jurisdiction of the developer. In the US, reverse engineering is pretty much a no no.  In the EU, you can reverse engineer your project files without issue, but for the most part, not the program.

For other countries it depends on their local laws, although I suspect intent also comes into it (i.e. if you're reverse engineering to copy IP or crack it), but in this case (in my personal opinion) I doubt if anyone would see it as an issue.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, msmcleod said:

This all depends on the jurisdiction of the developer. In the US, reverse engineering is pretty much a no no.  In the EU, you can reverse engineer your project files without issue, but for the most part, not the program.

For other countries it depends on their local laws, although I suspect intent also comes into it (i.e. if you're reverse engineering to copy IP or crack it), but in this case (in my personal opinion) I doubt if anyone would see it as an issue.

Sweet, Thanks for the info - had to make sure. 

39 minutes ago, solarlux said:

Can you please in future make some possible mode for piano roll acting like in FL studio single click and insert+move note?

I'm sorry, I didn't get the request. Can you show it? Maybe it's already existing in the Cakewalk.

16 minutes ago, murat k. said:

I'm sorry, I didn't get the request. Can you show it? Maybe it's already existing in the Cakewalk.

I love Cakewalk Piano roll its perfect  and i sometimes love to insert note by one click and i can it move instead of resizing. Probably i need break some habits what i inherited from FL studio : )`

Mostly in every situation Cakewalk piano roll works best for me but sometimes need fast easy insert of many notes

Edited by solarlux

14 minutes ago, murat k. said:

Can't you do the same thing with the Smart Tool?

I can move up and down but cant move left and right before releasing mouse. But it's habit only what i need to brake. When i hold alt i can single click insert note and move it up and down but i have bad habbit to move it also right and left before releasing mouse. Uhh I 'm idiot i can release alt and move note also left and right :D

Edited by solarlux

I opened FL Studio and it acts the same way actually. And Alt click doesn't make any difference. But I have FL Studio 12. It seems that this is a new feature. I will look at it sometime and I'll see what can I do.

Edit: This issue is continued in another topic. Using Draw Freehand Tool solves this issue. 

Edited by murat k.

35 minutes ago, murat k. said:

I opened FL Studio and it acts the same way actually. And Alt click doesn't make any difference. But I have FL Studio 12. It seems that this is a new feature. I will look at it sometime and I'll see what can I do.

Yes its same but when i move mouse left or right it resizes  note instead of moving it left or right but its my bad habit what i will break. It would be cool option to  default note resizing when moves mouse left or right  but possible option to enabling move note left or right instead of resizing when alt pressed and mouse not released but resizing posibility when mouse released

Edited by solarlux

On 1/11/2021 at 5:39 AM, msmcleod said:

Do you as CW staff or does anyone else at CW have an opinion about it's use on non-legal grounds, i.e. ethical or logistical?  Could it be a detriment, inhibit, or break stuff within Cakewalk's functionality?