Audio Engine Dropout - on Export Audio

noynekker

I've been getting this in some projects . . . where I proceed to do an audio export of my project, and it immediately throws a dropout error, though, the resulting export seems to sound OK, but still alarming to see an error code during the whole export process. In the Cakewalk notes it is Dropout code 0 . . . an "Unknown error or no dropout"

So of course the question is: if there is no dropout error, why report it ? The message occurs right at the beginning of the export process.

My export method is . . . select all tracks, go to ending marker, set thru=now, go to starting marker, select from=now . . . file-export-audio

20 minutes ago, noynekker said:

I've noticed it happens on projects with lots of heavy plugin usage

This^^.  A bit disconserting when trying to finish up a project. I'm being more diligent with buffer sizes and freezing plugins but the audio engine does not seem to be as robust as it used to be. Maybe I'm just using more plugins...

20 minutes ago, noynekker said:

I've noticed it happens on projects with lots of heavy plugin usage

This^^.  A bit disconserting when trying to finish up a project. I'm being more diligent with buffer sizes and freezing plugins but the audio engine does not seem to be as robust as it used to be. Maybe I'm just using more plugins...