ProChannel Concrete Limiter Missing

Tay Zonday

You should get that sorted out. There is hundreds of dollars worth of goods in there that you should have all backed up and backed up 3 fold or more.  
when Sonar was discontinued by Gibson we all collectively came  up with a survival plan. That includes copying everything in the command centre download folder to a few storage drives and making a document for all those serial numbers.  

• 7 months later...

went to my old cakewalk account to download concrete limiter to put on my laptop and the one that's there is coming up that I need an earlier or another version to use this patch.

How can I get the concrete limiter again? My serial and activations numbers are there as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Concrete Limiter was a fantastic sounding "brickwall" limiter for the ProChannel and considering it was designed by Cakewalk for Cakewalk, you would think Cakewalk would include a Cakewalk plugin that was designed for an exclusive Cakewalk feature.....oh wait I forget.....Gibson (shutter) 

So everything in the ProChannel that was implemented as the staples of the program from SONAR to CbL  were actually all 3rd party collaborations designed by Overloud.  The compressors, tube sat, tape emulation, ReMatrix, BREVERB, TH3, is all thanks to Overloud.  You can still install Boz Bark of the Dog ProChannel from their website and also get their Panipulator ProChannel module as well.

However, if it was designed by Cakewalk before 2017, it must be redesigned from scratch because Cakewalk has an identity crisis and the courts are overseeing the custody of prochannel modules.  Gibson was the shining star that lit our days that then went super nova the the ripple effect felt in the prosomer industry is still raw and continues to fuel resentments and vibes of uncertainty.

Edited by Clovis Ramsay
i wasnt making any sense. i was not a sense maker.

On 9/8/2021 at 1:51 AM, Clovis Ramsay said:

You can still install Boz Bark of the Dog ProChannel from their website and also get their Panipulator ProChannel module as well.

Not entirely true, unfortunately. Last time I checked, Boz only has Bark of Dog II available for download. He may be offering Bark of Dog I by request, but the Panipulator build that is now available doesn't include the PC module. I've asked him twice if he could make the Panpulator PC module available and gotten zero response both times.

On 9/8/2021 at 1:51 AM, Clovis Ramsay said:

So everything in the ProChannel that was implemented as the staples of the program from SONAR to CbL  were actually all 3rd party collaborations designed by Overloud.  The compressors, tube sat, tape emulation, ReMatrix, BREVERB, TH3, is all thanks to Overloud.  You can still install Boz Bark of the Dog ProChannel from their website and also get their Panipulator ProChannel module as well.

Something doesn’t sound right there.

My understanding is that breverb,  rematrix, and th3 are from Overloud. Bark of the dog elsewhere and there are a few ither 3rd party, but the cakewalk are cakewalk...

@Keni Yes and I will do a little plug for the sake of those who see this, The Bark of the Dog and Panipulator are designed by Boz Digital and if one would like to add those into their ProChannel collection, download the installer version 1.1 from their site as it will offer you the ability to install just the ProChannel module.  Then download and install version 2 and it will update the ProChannel module.  

The included modules Tube Saturation & Tape Emulator are both by Overloud and from what I understand, Overloud was brought in as a collaborator or partner in developing ProChannel modules that seems to go back to 2012. 

The reason I found this info interesting and worth noting, it informs me that certain pre BL Cakewalk products may have had the branding of Cakewalk but not ownership or created in house by Cakewalk, which determines which products were able to transfer over to BL.  

47 minutes ago, Clovis Ramsay said:

@Keni

The reason I found this info interesting and worth noting, it informs me that certain pre BL Cakewalk products may have had the branding of Cakewalk but not ownership or created in house by Cakewalk, which determines which products were able to transfer over to BL.  

There were earlier too. Sonitus, Z3ta...

I hadn’t heard this about the PC modules though. The are only VSTs with conforming graphics.