Don't Create Loop Markers when Importing ACIDized/REX2 Loops

Maestro

This is less of an annoyance if your loops are quite simple and don't have many stretch markers.  However... this is a bit ridiculous.

Any chance this can be ... removed, changed, something?

714655676_LoopMarkers-TONSOFTHEM.thumb.png.2830fd907cc9befadcf935cf1edbdb0e.png

Also the loops don't even import to the place where you drag them in the arranger, and the markers do not move with the audio.

How did you do that? Those markers on the timeline are not stretch markers, just regular timeline markers. I have never seen that dragging a loop to the arranger creates a marker, much less name it. No wonder that they do not move with the audio. Dragging either acidized or Rex files clips here does not do anything of the sort.

BTW, they should import where you want them if you set your snap accordingly.

Cakewalk has always done this on any of my PCs.  So, unless it's a default setting that can be turned off - but not labeled such that it is obvious to me, and please let me know if that is the case - that's just how the software behaves.

ACIDized Loops are BWF, IIRC, so importing at timeline position where it waws saved is going to happen if you have that option enabled.  That is a more trivial issue to fix (or deal with).  Creating dozens of markers, however, is a royal PITA.

I did it by simply dragging the loop into the arranger from Windows File Explorer.  It's 100% reproducible.

Edited by Maestro

5 hours ago, Maestro said:

Cakewalk has always done this on any of my PCs.  So, unless it's a default setting that can be turned off - but not labeled such that it is obvious to me, and please let me know if that is the case - that's just how the software behaves.

ACIDized Loops are BWF, IIRC, so importing at timeline position where it waws saved is going to happen if you have that option enabled.  That is a more trivial issue to fix (or deal with).  Creating dozens of markers, however, is a royal PITA.

I did it by simply dragging the loop into the arranger from Windows File Explorer.  It's 100% reproducible.

Well, I have never seen that and I have been using Cakewalk since Pro Audio 9. Anyway, I am intrigued. I don't really use to drag loops from the Windows Explorer, but rather from Cakewalk's browser. I am away for the weekend now, so I cannot check that. Does it do the same if you drag from the browser?

I have been playing around with this trying to reproduce your problem, but I can´t. I have tried with commercial Acid files from a Sony sample library and they import as they should, where they should, no matter what I do, either from the browser or Windows file Explorer. Same with .rex files.