latest update install without file download?

While waiting for Meng, Noel or Jesse...

AFAIK, the procedure has not changed. To get the full or update installer requires running BandLab Assistant. After BA finishes running the installer, it is deleted from %appdata%\bandlab-assistant\Downloads

12 minutes ago, scook said:

AFAIK, the procedure has not changed. To get the full or update installer requires running BandLab Assistant. After BA finishes running the installer, it is deleted from %appdata%\bandlab-assistant\Downloads

This did not work for me this time. I posted about it also.

Timing is everything.

The update installer is much smaller than the full installer and will disappear quickly.

The full installer only downloads on the initial install or when updating attempting to update an older version.

IOW for this release, when updating from 2019.01.0.27, BA downloads a tiny update installer. When installing for the first time or updating any version other than 2019.01.0.27, BA downloads the full installer.

1 hour ago, scook said:

For years there have been requests for smaller update only installers. To get the full installer, uninstall or roll back to an older version prior to applying the update.

Really?

I'll try that.

20 hours ago, scook said:

The difference seems to be that there is no separate option to install after download which would afford us the time to copy the download file prior to choosing to install the update.  So, as you suggested, we will now have to uninstall CbB prior to obtaining the up-to-date version. 

Why doesn't BandLab just make the (or all) downloads available as many users have requested?  Meng, Noel?

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, LuidgyMakx said:

Hello, I'm new to BandlLab and I'd like to use the free Cakewalk software.

How long does it take for Cakewalk to be installed after being downloaded?

Waiting for your answer.

I takes about 20 to 30 seconds to install.

The Studio Instruments Suite from the add-ons menu takes a little longer (maybe a couple of minutes):

image.png.40642aedde578f584dd062dcd33da0c2.png   image.png.ca09673d31cd5f68e0add46bd34d8c6b.png

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I takes about 20 to 30 seconds to install.

The Studio Instruments Suite from the add-ons menu takes a little longer (maybe a couple of minutes):

image.png.40642aedde578f584dd062dcd33da0c2.png   image.png.ca09673d31cd5f68e0add46bd34d8c6b.png

Thanks, but for me it takes hours to install. I haven't even selected Melodyne...

And it's still installing. It started yesterday.

BandLab Installing Cakewalk.jpg

There's obviously something wrong there. Maybe it's stuck somewhere.... have you tried pressing ALT+TAB a few times to see if there's a dialog box that's waiting for a response? It may be that its being obscured by something else.

[Edit] - If there's no dialog box anywhere, kill the install process and try running BandLab Assistant as Administrator. There's a possibility it could be a permissions issue.

Edited by msmcleod

• 4 weeks later...

alas, it really depends on your internet connection : I live on the countryside in france, and my max download is 8Mb/s, so it takes about an hour to install. I had a connection crash during the first install, and had to redo the instal lfrom scratch : it did not recover the aborted install... Some efforts have to be done to help people installing this software. Please allow us to download a full install EXE, as any other software. 

Another problem: I want to install it on my laptop, and I have to download the whole thing again... 😞

I guess that people with high bandwith do not have the problem.

Anyway, verynice software, and given for free now, so I guess we should not complain 😉

Edited by binbinhfr