No input/output detected + no sound

Reelok

Question

sorry to be an *****, but recently i downloaded Cakewalk, and ive only been using it for importing midi and mixing and it was fine,

but now i wanted to start something of my own, something from scratch, so i decided to make some crap with it then i realised the master hasn't been assigned to an output or something, and well,i went to preferences, and see why that was, but the thing is, no input/output was detected at all?? here's a screenshot to show, + other settings.

any help would be great,thanks

2020-12-25.thumb.png.ca15754ddbcf19e51af59e1148df3374.png

2020-12-26 (1).png

2020-12-26 (4).png

2020-12-26 (5).png

2020-12-26 (6).png

4 answers to this question

When running Win10 and using the internal sound chip, start with the WASAPI driver modes using the preference screen in the last image.

• WASAPI Shared allows other software to use the audio chip while the DAW is running. Latency cannot be adjusted in WASAPI Shared mode.
  • WASAPI Exclusive prevents other software from using the audio chip while the DAW is running. Latency is adjustable in this mode.

After selecting the driver mode, make sure the devices are selected in Preferences > Devices.

You  may also want to deselect the MS GS Wavetable Synth in MIDI > Devices output and get used to the TTS-1 synth bundled with Cakewalk.

With no MIDI output devices selected in preferences, opening a MIDI file automatically sets up TTS-1 to play the file.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 4:58 PM, 57Gregy said:

Welcome to the forum.
What are you using to make sounds? The computer's sound chip or an external audio interface?
If it's the computer chip, change the Driver Mode to MME, WDM or WASAPI and try again.

Thank you! it worked after this : )

Edited by Reelok