Plugin Alliance $20 Surprise Voucher can be used AGAIN!

Abstract

19 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Nah, I paid $24 for a $49 bundle and got to use it for weeks. That's my philosophy/consolation in situations like these, by which I mean getting a big discount which is then followed by the vendor issuing an even bigger discount.

Would I give back those hours of insane fun and learning and inspiration to have my $24 back? Heck no, I'd pay more than that to go to a theme park for a day. Would I have waited if I had known I could soon get it for free? Sure. But I just snagged Unfiltered Audio's Fault for free instead.

PA has their strategies and we have ours. I'm sure what they're doing now is the scenario that got my money: they're extracting the last few dollars from people who bought stuff at higher prices. Brick and mortar dealers do the same thing, sure, I could have waited until after the 25th to get the candy I brought to my mom's for half price, but....not quite the same as having it on the 25th.

I get so many freebies and BOGO's and this and that, I literally have more plug-ins than I can possibly learn how to use. Especially with something as deep as Sandman Pro, and the W.A. Productions creative EDM stuff, I've barely scratched the surface as it is.

Moreover, these people need to make money somehow, and I'm okay with throwing down for Unfiltered Audio especially. Years ago they did a Computer Music version of G8 that I used on every project until Gatey Watey came along.

If they renew the voucher again, it'll be tough not to pull the trigger on BYOME. I made the mistake of activating the trial.😏

No. They got you for $24 and I'm pissed about it on your behalf brother

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Without a doubt, it does what it does very well.
I always struggle with the Clean voices.
I want to hear that big glassy Strat from Wicked Games.

Getting an amp to Drive like a fine Italian sports car; piece of cake....

t

Yeah, the "Express like" Fuchs isn't for that.  The Trainwreck Rocket is at least closer, but an old Fender Deluxe with heavy compression is more the style for that:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/hershel-yatovitz/

The key component of the “Wicked Game” tone is lush delay and reverb. It’s remarkably lush and very organic in a clean way – not too washed out. The clarity of the reverb in the Axe-Fx is really nice – you can use a lot of it without losing the note content.

To dial that one in, I start with a clean boost with a treble boost into a multi-band compressor which gives a very transparent compression compared to a stomp box. From there it’s into a volume pedal to a stereo delay and hall reverb. For the amps, I use two Twin Reverbs with the bright switches on. Use the middle and neck pickups of a Strat-style guitar for that out-of-phase sound. Secret revealed.

The original recording is a Strat into a ’64 Fender Deluxe Reverb. It’s a very layered sound, comped from different takes. There are multiple tracks ringing simultaneously, cross-fading multiple parts with the delay added in post.

• Thanks 1

If that coupon gets renewed again tomorrow, I’m hesitating between the SPL Vitalizer, the Acme Opticom or the Townhouse comp to spend my final 2020 tenner, although I seem to remember they were each as low as $4 some time ago. 

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

🤠

But that Townhouse as a bus comp (“glue”) does resemble similar SSL style plugins I have. Maybe the Vitalizer is more unique? 

I really like the Acme - 'tis very squishy in a nice, interesting way.

Of course, I don't exactly have golden ears, so maybe the obviousness of the effect appeals to me in ways that it doesn't to others. It's one of the few compressors I have that isn't just interchangeable with another, though.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

I've only been able to use is once back on Saturday, keep getting:

A voucher code associated with this promotion has already been used. Only one redemption per account is allowed.

I'd suggest emailing customer support.  They will have the time stamps and should be able to reset it for you...since the reset happened yesterday.  Deals are too good to pass up on this one.  Hoping for a another reset here.  😄