Plugin Alliance $20 Surprise Voucher can be used AGAIN!

Abstract

19 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

SSL4kG, Masterdesk or Townhouse? Which is worth having/useful/vital for your production?

Depends on other plugs you already have.

I've personally never been a big fan of the SSL G (from anyone, not just PA)

Townhouse is a worthy addition if you don't have a good SSL bus compressor as I think you can use it on just about any project.  That said, it isn't worlds different than some of the others, just a different flavor.  

If you didn't get IK's One for Free, or have Izotope Ozone - I'd think Masterdesk would be a valuable tool.  

Maybe the Dumble, Trainwreck a bit of a "one trick pony"; IMHO.
Not sure I can't get enough "Dumble-ish" from AT5 though, as all these
sims are generally way too driven in the presets.
Do I want/need it?
Why am I asking you?

t

first impression, NO, but I guess I have until Midnight on the 31st to decide...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, antler said:

Hmm... Black Box Analog Design HG-2 and ACME Audio Opticom XLA-3 look interesting. Any advice (even if it's to just use the saturators/optical compressors I already have)?

Both of these plugins are nice. Worth the money they ask for them. On this sale? No brainer!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Maybe the Dumble, Trainwreck a bit of a "one trick pony"; IMHO.
Not sure I can't get enough "Dumble-ish" from AT5 though, as all these
sims are generally way too driven in the presets.
Do I want/need it?
Why am I asking you?

t

first impression, NO, but I guess I have until Midnight on the 31st to decide...

Fwiw, the Trainwreck is pretty great imo. The dumble is good too, but less my cup of tea. I'd been looking for an amp sim that did exactly what the Train II does.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 8:59 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Whoa. This is great.

I bought Sandman Pro/Instant Delay a few weeks ago for $24 using a voucher and have no regrets that I could now get it for free

Glad that doesn't bother you as that would've made me drive angry af. Plus I just watched my mom place an order for something online where just by going to the website they gave her free shipping and 20% off but she couldn't be bothered to retrieve the code from her email to save over $7. She kept saying (as she was about to hit the "place order" button), "I'll get the code later.." wtf lol dang it mom not how it works 

Edited by Christian Jones
McRib
  • Haha 2

I’ve got a lot of PA stuff so choices have been getting a bit stretched for me here. For my second coupon ( after getting Fuchs using  the first one) I decided to take a walk on the wild side ,  getting Sandman Pro for free.  With the $5 left over on the coupon, I threw  in BX Tuner to reach the magic $19.99 figure.

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Glad that doesn't bother you as that would've made me drive angry af.

Nah, I paid $24 for a $49 bundle and got to use it for weeks. That's my philosophy/consolation in situations like these, by which I mean getting a big discount which is then followed by the vendor issuing an even bigger discount.

Would I give back those hours of insane fun and learning and inspiration to have my $24 back? Heck no, I'd pay more than that to go to a theme park for a day. Would I have waited if I had known I could soon get it for free? Sure. But I just snagged Unfiltered Audio's Fault for free instead.

PA has their strategies and we have ours. I'm sure what they're doing now is the scenario that got my money: they're extracting the last few dollars from people who bought stuff at higher prices. Brick and mortar dealers do the same thing, sure, I could have waited until after the 25th to get the candy I brought to my mom's for half price, but....not quite the same as having it on the 25th.

I get so many freebies and BOGO's and this and that, I literally have more plug-ins than I can possibly learn how to use. Especially with something as deep as Sandman Pro, and the W.A. Productions creative EDM stuff, I've barely scratched the surface as it is.

Moreover, these people need to make money somehow, and I'm okay with throwing down for Unfiltered Audio especially. Years ago they did a Computer Music version of G8 that I used on every project until Gatey Watey came along.

If they renew the voucher again, it'll be tough not to pull the trigger on BYOME. I made the mistake of activating the trial.😏

• Like 1