Simon's Review of Hammersmith Pro

cclarry

I could not let the days go by without putting something out there about this library, especially since the free version was released and the Pro version is on sale until December 31st. I was running late getting things together for the livestream because I was genuinely having so much fun playing it while getting ready.

Thanks for posting it here. I so appreciate my friends here and all of the support. It is crazy putting yourself out there but it is so much fun.

Wishing all of you the most joyous and blessed Christmas season.

PS, there might be a couple more livestreams in me before the year ends, so stay tuned. 🤓

All the best,

Simeon

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

I could not let the days go by without putting something out there about this library, especially since the free version was released and the Pro version is on sale until December 31st. I was running late getting things together for the livestream because I was genuinely having so much fun playing it while getting ready.

Thanks for posting it here. I so appreciate my friends here and all of the support. It is crazy putting yourself out there but it is so much fun.

Wishing all of you the most joyous and blessed Christmas season.

PS, there might be a couple more livestreams in me before the year ends, so stay tuned. 🤓

All the best,

Simeon

I just wanted to say, I've watched a number of your videos and they're more enjoyable to watch than some other YouTubers because you are a talented pianist. It's very clear when you love a library because you can see you just want to get lost playing it -- and it's enjoyable to hear. I have to be candid, some YouTubers that do reviews are terrible keyboardists and it makes their videos less enjoyable when they play. Keep up the good work! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

Simeon, sorry if you speak to this in the livestream, but with so many Steinway libraries around, does this complement VSL and Simple Sam, or is it redundant? Honestly, as nice a freebie as the Hammersmith was, it didn't entice me to buy the full version or give up drive space for it.

Craig,

I do address this somewhat, as the livestream on Christmas Eve was the Synchron Yamaha CFX which is massive. The Hammersmith in my opinion would be a definitive studio grand piano library. The use of a MIDI retrofitted piano makes it attractive due to the consistency of the velocity layers (pedal up and down). It also has a drier sound that could fit into a mix without having the room to compete with. Also this Steinway has a sparkle to it that you don’t find in many Model Ds.

• Like 2