Cakewalk update available - v2019.03

cclarry

Features & Enhancements

Arpeggiator Rate Lock option to prevent the rate from changing when selecting arpeggiator presets

Fast Bounce rendering has been optimized

Bug Fixes

Rename Clip command not available if clip automation is present

Renaming a synth in the Synth Rack does not update the corresponding MultiDock tab

Selection range does not refresh properly while dragging if Aim Assist is disabled

Automated Mute not working correctly on MIDI Tracks

MIDI Mute envelopes can’t be assigned to other MIDI envelope types

German text is cut off in the Control Bar Export module

Selecting a Lens that contains a screenset will not update the UI under certain circumstances (for instance, projects based on the ‘Empty Project’ template don’t show tracks in the Track view if a Lens is selected)

VST2 plug-ins can fail to load from MRU list on systems with vast number of plug-ins

Quick Group Freeze of tracks only works a single time in a project

Freeze Tail Duration is ignored when ‘Track FX’ is deselected in the Freeze Options dialog box

Rare crash when deleting envelopes

Potential crash if closing project during Opening Project toast notifications

Hang opening projects with Opening Project toast notifications when control surface is active

Potential hang when opening project with UWP MIDI driver mode (can happen if Bluetooth MIDI devices are disconnected while opening Cakewalk) When disconnected there will be a delay of a few seconds while Cakewalk tries to connect before it times out

Projects containing certain plug-ins could crash when closing project if the Start Screen is enabled

Loud pop at end of AudioSnap clip when 64-bit engine is off when using élastique stretching

Control Bar Export module is not available in Lens Manager

CWAF Tool reads CbB files as Future Version

As usual, I did the update, after having updated my Waves Yesterday.
Every plugin wouldn't load in my project.  But, after a re-scan, everything
was fine.  I also had a FATAL error with Manic Compressor 1.1.2, so I reverted
to 1.03, and everything worked fine again. 

On 3/21/2019 at 4:12 PM, Zo said:

I m still runing a 2017 version lol ... am i missing somehing with bandlab or not yet ?

LOL kinda says it.

Um, yeah.

Maybe not with Bandlab the music collaboration site, although I have found it useful. YMMV. Take it or leave it.

Cakewalk under Bandlab's stewardship is miles beyond Sonar in speed, stability, bug repair, and features.

11 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Cakewalk under Bandlab's stewardship is miles beyond Sonar in speed, stability, bug repair, and features.

Are you really serious about that ? satbility and speed ? big statment , did you run tests or just a feeling ?

31 minutes ago, Zo said:

Are you really serious about that ? satbility and speed ? big statment , did you run tests or just a feeling ?

Stability and speed is what the Cakewalk devs have been concentrating on since BandLab took over.

Here's the list of fixes & features since the demise of SONAR:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aFOe_zJrd3x2EnaZ_Jc3iSbZPG2WANiCD4_RP83OjlA/edit#heading=h.2rpesj6602fp

Just now, msmcleod said:

Stability and speed is what the Cakewalk devs have been concentrating on since BandLab took over.

Here's the list of fixes & features since the demise of SONAR:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aFOe_zJrd3x2EnaZ_Jc3iSbZPG2WANiCD4_RP83OjlA/edit#heading=h.2rpesj6602fp

Thks  will have a lok right now .

Tell me if you don't mind , what is the transition process ? do i still use the cakewalk center or is there a new center ?

do i need to update old center based software first before the migration ?

thks

32 minutes ago, Zo said:

Thks  will have a lok right now .

Tell me if you don't mind , what is the transition process ? do i still use the cakewalk center or is there a new center ?

do i need to update old center based software first before the migration ?

thks

First thing - DO NOT REMOVE SONAR - you'll need SONAR to keep all the instruments (3rd party and otherwise) that doesn't come with the new version. Cakewalk by BandLab will happily live beside your existing SONAR installation, and all the extra stuff that came with SONAR will work with Cakewalk.

Cakewalk is installed using the BandLab Assistant, which is basically BandLab's equivalent of the Cakewalk Command Center. Download the BandLab Assistant by hitting the download button on this page:  https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

Go to the Apps tab on the BandLab Assistant, and you'll see the option to install Cakewalk.

17 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

First thing - DO NOT REMOVE SONAR - you'll need SONAR to keep all the instruments (3rd party and otherwise) that doesn't come with the new version. Cakewalk by BandLab will happily live beside your existing SONAR installation, and all the extra stuff that came with SONAR will work with Cakewalk.

Cakewalk is installed using the BandLab Assistant, which is basically BandLab's equivalent of the Cakewalk Command Center. Download the BandLab Assistant by hitting the download button on this page:  https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

Go to the Apps tab on the BandLab Assistant, and you'll see the option to install Cakewalk.

thks Mark , i appreciate for your time , will give it a try after back up ;)

so i will have both versions ?

Edited by Zo