MasterClass Buy One Get One Memberships

cclarry

My wife and I took advantage of this last year.

The cooking classes are really good.  It's surprising to see Gordon Ramsey in a show where he's not freaking out.

The music classes vary.  Tom Morello  was the best I had seen so far.  He knew what he was talking about and presented an interesting method of coming up with new riffs.  Carlos Santana came across as a bit of a flake.  Deadmau5 had some good information, but I didn't feel like he knew how to communicate that well.  Armin van Buren came across much better.  I only saw a couple of episodes of Timbaland, but I liked his idea of building ideas from sounds you could vocalize.

My wife seemed to like the business classes they had.  And even though she's a historian, Doris Kearns Goodwin's class had a lot of lessons that would be applicable to present day organizational communication and leadership.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magic Russ said:

My wife and I took advantage of this last year.

The cooking classes are really good.  It's surprising to see Gordon Ramsey in a show where he's not freaking out.

The music classes vary.  Tom Morello  was the best I had seen so far.  He knew what he was talking about and presented an interesting method of coming up with new riffs.  Carlos Santana came across as a bit of a flake.  Deadmau5 had some good information, but I didn't feel like he knew how to communicate that well.  Armin van Buren came across much better.  I only saw a couple of episodes of Timbaland, but I liked his idea of building ideas from sounds you could vocalize.

My wife seemed to like the business classes they had.  And even though she's a historian, Doris Kearns Goodwin's class had a lot of lessons that would be applicable to present day organizational communication and leadership.

Thanks, hey Russ how far did van Buren get into mixing, specific plug-in settings and chains, technical eq stuff? Appreciate your take on that . . .

van Buuren's class spends a lot of time on composition and sound design.  There are 33 lessons, 6 of which involve mixing and mastering.  I haven't gotten to the mixing and mastering chapter yet, but he does use Ozone, FabFilter stuff, L1 Limiter, G Bus Compressor, Kick2, LFO Tool,  Bark of Dog, Noveltech Character, Valhalla Room and ArtsAcoustic Reverb.  For Synths, it's Serum,  Massive Sylenth, Omnisphere, Nexus, Kontakt and Avenger.

• Like 1