New Update Legit? V.2019.3 - Build 15, 64bit?

marc williams

1 hour ago, Phoen1xPJ said:

Got it... alleged bug fix doesn't work: changing synth name in rack updates multidock view... not! Noel? 

This fix is working properly on our end. It deals with the tab name for synths with their UI docked in the multidock. If you insert a synth, then dock the plugin UI in the multidock, then change the name of the synth in the Synth Rack, the tab name should now update.

I have downloaded and successfully updated Cakewalk to this new version, but like every single time, I check the cell that should display the version notes, and I get to a page that says "Oops! Access has failed" (or something similar).
So... I don't know what's new in this version.

2 minutes ago, Grebz said:

I have downloaded and successfully updated Cakewalk to this new version, but like every single time, I check the cell that should display the version notes, and I get to a page that says "Oops! Access has failed" (or something similar).
So... I don't know what's new in this version.

One of the things that I do to check whether the new build of Cakewalk is legit or not is I wait until the Bandlab Assistant has it downloaded and installed, then I click on the button that says "Open."

After the program starts I observe it for a moment. What I'm watching for is whether it quits.

If it does not quit, I can proceed with my work, secure in the knowledge that it is legit.

21 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

So we used to be able to go to app data etc, etc and save the "exe" locally. 

That seems to not be the case anymore.

This changed a couple of versions ago - the download is now a "delta" from the currently installed previously version, and it doesn't download the full installer unless you are >2 versions out of date (I think?)

Yes.

For example, for 2019-03 build 15 BA will download and install the CbB 2019-03 update installer if it detects CbB 2019-01 build 27 is already installed.

On the initial install or any version other than CbB 2019-01 build 27, BA will download and install the full CbB 3019-03 installer.