Get Arturia's Analog Lab Lite for free at SoundBetter

alex satt

45 minutes ago, Lemar Sain said:

Looks like it. This is the same presets loaded in both.

LABe.thumb.JPG.e2d46792fd0d98f0eefdb8e8d79f1ef4.JPG

I have a fix for that. Apparently that is all you get now with AL V if you are using the controller setting for "Generic MIDI controller". AL will auto-configure for certain Arturia controllers, but will default to "generic" if not. AL 4 used to show all of the controls regardless, so it looks like they made AL V "smarter", LOL. One step back actually, ha!

Just open the AL V settings gear icon in the top right, and select the MIDI tab; click on the pull-down menu for MIDI controller and you will see a list of controllers that you can select from. Keylab 49 or 61 work fine for me, and I see all the controls again, even though I am actually using a generic controller.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

10 minutes ago, abacab said:

Just open the AL V settings gear icon in the top right, and select the MIDI tab; click on the pull-down menu for MIDI controller and you will see a list of controllers that you can select from. Keylab 49 or 61 work fine for me, and I see all the controls again, even though I am actually using a generic controller.

Yep. That did the trick. 👍

xpture.thumb.JPG.fa8d63d5c604fd16fae9f0b5cfcff0ab.JPG

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lemar Sain said:

Turns out the the factory presets are very different as well.(with some overlap) So it's probably best to use both to maximize your preset count.

LABex.thumb.JPG.08ea0ce26cac15387f345a8be325ce55.JPG

I will also add that if you have a license for the full Analog Lab 4, those presets should also have been added to AL V with the latest update. I seem to have all of the factory presets from Analog Lab 4 (7,455) available in AL V now, plus the new AL V presets.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Do you have control of ADSR? Attack, sustain, decay, release.

Like this?

Just click on the text labels below the controls, and you will be offered the available parameters that can be reassigned to each control.

Analog Lab V ADSR.PNG

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

I know I should RTFM but how do you choose favorites in AL 5 Lite - in 4 there's a heart button but I can't see anything similar in 5. I'm probably not looking hard enough - it was late last night when I was trying to find it!

Hope this helps.

fav.JPG.570ff8d4d62e54adf5fb1150121b832c.JPG

42 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

lite version of lab? i thought lab was already a lite version of the synths?

Not really. Lab works like a workstation pretty much. If you have the full version of the synts used, you can edit the synth parameters and also build presets using multiple synths and such. Think of it like Kontakt or Mainstage.

8 hours ago, Lemar Sain said:

It would be nice if the AAS player had ADSR and a wet/dry knob though.

Also access to the reverb parameter either via knob or automation. Their reverb algorithm is fantastic, but the presets tend to drench the sound in it. It was fun to go through Arturia's free pack of "ambient" sounds (and thanks to you, mate, for listing all the free packs) and hear the classic ambient synth sounds without all the modulation and reverb that those sounds are usually draped in.

The silliest fun may be had in the Present to Future pack, where they nail a bunch of synth sounds from classic songs.

• Like 1