Holiday Gift From Steinberg (Not)

Reid Rosefelt

Dear Steinberg Customer,

As a very difficult 2020 draws to a close, it's that time when we will all be contemplative and hope that next year brings better, happier and healthier times for all.

We hope that, in some small way, Steinberg products have been able to help provide you with a positive focus during this year and sincerely thank you for your support and the continued trust that you have placed in us.

Best wishes and here's to a fulfilling 2021!

Where's our @#%@!$% Holiday Gift???????   Thanks for nothing, you cheapskates!  😡

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I don't think I expected anything else from a company that charges for x.5 updates.

I'm sure Cubase is a very fine product, but charging for updates and needing a dongle are two things that stopped me from considering Steinberg when Cakewalk went under.

• Like 2

Just now, Reid Rosefelt said:

I always buy the yearly upgrade, but this year I just didn't see features that got me excited. 

I'll wait for the summer.

The thing I truly like the best about Steinberg is Greg Ondo and Club Cubase on YouTube. 

I subscribe also to those!

I heard that this was the original draft.....

Dear Steinberg Customer,

As a very difficult 2020 draws to a close, we're reminding you that we exist in case you have any money left..

We are arrogant enough to think that your Steinberg products have somehow made up for the fact that your lives have been been stolen and sincerely thank you for putting up once again with our total lack of support.

Best wishes and here's hoping you'll buy more stuff from us next year because, let's face it....you won't be going out much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Dongle doesn't bother me...and once you're in, you just buy the .5 updates, and
then hold them until the grace period for the next version...it's a cheap upgrade,
especially if the update is on sale (which is WHY you buy it!)

A wise strategy, showing why you're the King of Deals!

Ultimately for me personally, I wanted a control surface at the time; the FaderPort seemed to be the best option for me, and I went with the DAW that had the best support for it.

Just now, antler said:

A wise strategy, showing why you're the King of Deals!

Ultimately for me personally, I wanted a control surface at the time; the FaderPort seemed to be the best option for me, and I went with the DAW that had the best support for it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh....I totally get that!