Stay Forever

Douglas Kirby

Hi Everybody,

This is a track off of the album I'm currently working on called "The Westerly Sessions Volume V". As always, any comments or critiques are welcome, and thanks for listening.

The lead vocal was sung with an AKG C214 through a Chameleon Labs 7603 mic preamp. The backing vocals were sung with an AT4040.

The rhythm guitar was played with a Guild OM-140. The lead guitar was my Fender Strat through my ART MPA Gold preamp through TH-U.

The bass guitar is my Ibanez SR500.

The synths are UVI Synthology 3.

The drums are AD2.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14164106

• Like 5

On 12/29/2020 at 12:45 AM, bjornpdx said:

Doug, I don't have any suggestions for you except keep up the good work.  Well, actually I was kind of expecting a little delay fx after  the   Stay  Forever  words  but that's just me.

-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn - I like your idea of putting in a delay for the chorus lines - but it does already have a good amount of reverb on it.

Doug, I know I've mentioned this before, you are one of the most prolific writers on the forum.

Another good one; 👍's. Especially liked that middle 8/bridge (3:15 ish), nice little twist there.

t

I've asked this before too, how does the ranking system at Sound Click work? (general ? for all)

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 4:59 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Doug, I know I've mentioned this before, you are one of the most prolific writers on the forum.

Another good one; 👍's. Especially liked that middle 8/bridge (3:15 ish), nice little twist there.

t

I've asked this before too, how does the ranking system at Sound Click work? (general ? for all)

Hi Tom - thanks for listening.  Regarding SoundClick - I think it's just number of plays that determines their ranking system.

• Thanks 1