Roland Juno 106 Deal

cclarry

2 hours ago, Grem said:

The Arturia is $199!!

My stand is that unless you want to geek out on a detailed emulation of the original synth with all the bells and whistles, you might be better off with Analog Lab. Get all the sounds of V Collection, but for much less!

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

My stand is that unless you want to geek out on a detailed emulation of the original synth with all the bells and whistles

Yep. Feel the same way.

Sample Tank, Syntronik, and all of the stuff from AAS has me covered.

Plus all the stuff from Waves, and several independent devs, I got more than I will use.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Grem said:

Yep. Feel the same way.

Sample Tank, Syntronik, and all of the stuff from AAS has me covered.

Plus all the stuff from Waves, and several independent devs, I got more than I will use.

Thanks for the inclusion :)  Though in this case, having a real Juno 106 with original and working voice chips still makes me want to collect the virtual versions (especially when they have some additional features, official version from Roland, etc).

55 minutes ago, chris.r said:

And don't forget about DCO-106 from Cherry Audio which is $25 :). Personally I would place it between Arturia and Roland Cloud version in terms of the sound, that price makes it even more sweet deal.

The Cherry is a great synth for the price.  The Roland has an extra envelope generator which is handy but its not six times better IMHO.

The 106 is a pretty basic synth but it sounds good and of course the simplicity means its a sinch to program.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

having a real Juno 106 with original and working voice chips still makes me want to collect the virtual versions

If we were talking amp sims.... well I'd think about it for sure!!

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

don't forget about DCO-106 from Cherry Audio which is $25

For me, this is more my cup of tea for synths!! And with Vernon giving a thumbs up, I will check this version out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grem said:

If we were talking amp sims.... well I'd think about it for sure!!

For me, this is more my cup of tea for synths!! And with Vernon giving a thumbs up, I will check this version out.

And Cherry also has the same deal on the ARP 2600. Trying that demo now...

• Thanks 1

On 12/23/2020 at 3:05 AM, abacab said:

My stand is that unless you want to geek out on a detailed emulation of the original synth with all the bells and whistles, you might be better off with Analog Lab. Get all the sounds of V Collection, but for much less!

You don't get all the preset with AL if you don’t buy the underlying synths though, which is why I bough V-collection while I mostly use AL (plus I can tweak sounds),

7 hours ago, Joakim said:

You don't get all the preset with AL if you don’t buy the underlying synths though, which is why I bough V-collection while I mostly use AL (plus I can tweak sounds),

I got most of the presets from V Collection 7 included in Analog Lab 4, with the exception of the few new synths that were just introduced in VC 7.

I'm showing 7,496 factory presets in AL 4.

Those presets were also included in Analog Lab V because of my license for AL4, plus the 2,397 new presets in the new AL V factory bank. I don't have any of the full Arturia instruments yet, except for Pigments 2.

So I think what changed in AL V is that you don't get the full preset collection anymore, unless you own the previous version of AL, or the V collection.

On 12/22/2020 at 7:36 PM, cclarry said:

Purchase a Lifetime Key for Roland’s classic JUNO-106 Software Synthesizer and,
for a limited time, get seven designer patch collections for free.

Regular price: $290

Bundle price: $149 for a limited time

https://lp.roland.com/juno-106-fully-loaded

For this price you can get u-He's Zebra 2 + Zebra HZ and, when released, Zebra 3 for free (at the current NI sale that goes thru Jan-7-2021).

It's not the same synth. It's not a Juno but... well... Zebra is a lot better!!!  🙂

Edith: I love Roland synths. I have a bunch of them in HW. But their SW prices (even on sale) are a bit (I mean... a lot) steep.

Edited by Sergio