SynthMaster v2.9.9 arrives (again) - new rev 1/17/2021 many fixes

abacab

9 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Two jumped out at me right away.

PAD Man at the corner
LED Birdland

Same for me (also have everything bundle). 

I reported this issue on the KVR forum and Bulent has replied already...

Thank you. I will look into those patches. Our next update is gonna be next week, I will debug those presets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ZincT said:

Same for me (also have everything bundle). 

I reported this issue on the KVR forum and Bulent has replied already...

I did some more digging on these 2 presets and it appears that it's only happening with LFO 1 on layer 2. KV331 will probably figure this out and fix quickly. Many of the presets don't even use Layer 2, so maybe that influenced the oversight.

If you encounter this issue, you can isolate the problem layer by enabling/disabling each layer one at a time.

LFO 1 is apparently modulating the pitch here on these presets. You can flatten the curve in Mod Matrix to zero the LFO 1, or select a new target, and the weird sound stops as soon as the pitch modulation quits. There seems to be a bug in the preset Layer 2 routing here, that was missed in Beta testing.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I updated, but now Synthmaster 2.9 standalone and plugins wont open.  Over the last year or so, I have had multiple issues with this synth and its presets on my machine.  As it goes, I get less interested in this because the time I put in to getting it to work, which it was before this update, seems to eat away at the energy that I could be putting into something productive.  I will revert to the previous version.  

20 minutes ago, balinas said:

I updated, but now Synthmaster 2.9 standalone and plugins wont open.  Over the last year or so, I have had multiple issues with this synth and its presets on my machine.  As it goes, I get less interested in this because the time I put in to getting it to work, which it was before this update, seems to eat away at the energy that I could be putting into something productive.  I will revert to the previous version.  

This was actually the first time for me that the upgrade process itself wasn't a PITA. It seems to work better for me to do the upgrade install manually (ie offline) and then open the standalone version before the VST version.

3 hours ago, paulo said:

This was actually the first time for me that the upgrade process itself wasn't a PITA. It seems to work better for me to do the upgrade install manually (ie offline) and then open the standalone version before the VST version.

I'll try that, and see how that goes!  thx for the experience suggestion!

4 hours ago, paulo said:

I uninstalled everything, and then reinstall 2.99.  No initialization of the program.  Uninstalled 2.99 and reinstalled 2.98.  Works just fine!  I will contact the developer here in the next few days, to see if they have any suggestions.  I did do a manual download, disconnected from the internet, turned off all antivirus, firewalls, but not a sound was to be heard, except the clicking of the keyboard and mouse!  

• abacab changed the title to SynthMaster v2.9.9 arrives - new rev 1/17/2021 many fixes

KV331 Audio has released a bug fix update for SynthMaster 2.9.9.

Many fixes here. The 2 bad patches previously mentioned here have been fixed. The download is posted in your user area.

https://www.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx

We have critical bug fixes in this update:

1. NEW: Added Global/Mono trigger type to ADSR/MSEG envelopes
2. NEW: Added Lag parameter to ADSR envelopes, MSEG envelopes and Sequencers
3. FIX: SynthMaster might crash when presets are being downloaded from the cloud and user closes/reopens plugin window
4. FIX: SynthMaster might crash when presets are being downloaded from the cloud and user initiates another download
5. FIX: When importing waveforms, SynthMaster might not detect the root folder correctly, resulting in no import
6. FIX: SynthMaster doesn't load preset settings correctly in MAGIX Samplitute DAW
7. FIX: When user changes the value of Insert FX dropdown control via mouse wheel, SynthMaster might crash
8. FIX: When a preset is marked as favorite, Banks list is not updated
9. FIX: Arp view on Layer 2 does not highlight current step while a note is playing
10.FIX: Alt/Control click doesn't work for the Sequencer in dual mode
11.FIX: Older presets that use a Synth LFO on both layers don't load correctly
12.FIX: Arp view doesn't display drum kits
13.FIX: SynthMaster might crash when Osc Voices parameter is changed while a note was already playing
14.FIX: Distortion effect's internal DC blocker filter doesn't work correctly, which might lead to overflows.
15.FIX: Snap to tempo doesn't work for ADSR & MSEG envelopes
16.FIX: When a sample is loaded for a modulator, SynthMaster crashes
17.FIX: Arp MIDI Output doesn't work
18.FIX: SynthMaster might crash when 2D Envelope's number of stages is set to a value greater than 16
19.FIX: Filter distortion parameters are not loaded correctly
20.FIX: Waveshapers in filters and effects (Distortion, Echo and Ensemble) might generate quantization noises
21.FIX: SynthMaster might crash when switching from one wavetable to another and a note is already playing

Edited by abacab

• abacab changed the title to SynthMaster v2.9.9 arrives (again) - new rev 1/17/2021 many fixes