SynthMaster v2.9.9 arrives (again) - new rev 1/17/2021 many fixes

abacab

Another Christmas Present...

SynthMaster v2.9.9 arrives (Major Free Update before v3.0)

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=557970

Hi everyone,

After 6+ months of development + internal testing + user testing (KVRAudio & Facebook Users Group), we are glad to announce the arrival of SynthMaster v2.9.9. Our last update was back in 2018, so this update was long overdue. Some of you guys might ask, "dude, we were expexting v3.0?". Well, this update was a necessary step in the way towards v3.0 before we fully start working on it, because somethings in our older archictecture had to change (like fixed parameter structure -> not letting the user add/remove/load/save modules dynamically)

Anyhow, I believe we reached a point where we can now declare v2.9.9 ready. Our existing users should simply check for updates inside SynthMaster 2.9.8 to download the latest update

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

A big improvement that I see is that the matrix, filters, envelopes are all animated now. It's cool to see an envelope trigger, sustain and release.

So when you hold a note now, you can visually see what is being modulated, based on source > target.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I upgraded and almost immediately reverted back to 2.9.8 as a few of the presets are totally messed up.

Might be worth checking again in a while. I've read on KVR where people reported some bad presets and there has been already a few updates to them since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, locrian said:

SynthMaster's approach to version 3.0 reminds me of Zeno's Dichotomy paradox -- we keep getting closer, but never actually arrive at our target.  😕

Like with u-he's mythical Zebra 3, it a race to the bottom as far being first to be last, LOL!

But I can imagine that SM3 will be a beast when it is released!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

Like with u-he's mythical Zebra 3, it a race to the bottom as far being first to be last, LOL!

This is the problem with pre-announcing too far in advance.

3 minutes ago, abacab said:

But I can imagine that SM3 will be a beast when it is released!

Agreed.  The latest version -- which I assume already incorporates some of version 3's new features -- is an improvement over earlier versions.

43 minutes ago, locrian said:

Agreed.  The latest version -- which I assume already incorporates some of version 3's new features -- is an improvement over earlier versions.

Yes, I understand that Bulent, the KV331 dev, has been busy merging the architecture of SM One back into SM 2 for v2.9.9.  In preparation for SM 3...

SM One was a test of new technology that eventually became a successful iOS app that took him away for a while. His main fault was pre-announcing, and then postponing SM 3 for several years.

But he says he is back on track now, and I am inclined to accept that. Hopefully he will stick to his earlier announcement that SM3 will be compatible with presets from both libraries. That would be awesome! Not to mention more layers, a wavetable editor, and granular synthesis. 🤪

Edited by abacab

3 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Two jumped out at me right away.

PAD Man at the corner
LED Birdland

Those 2 do sound strange!

For PAD Man at the corner, LFO1 in the Mod matrix on Layer 2 is clearly bonkers.

For LED Birdland, it appears that the same thing is occurring...

On the flip side, I have listened to dozens and dozens of other patches that sound just fine! Maybe a support ticket is justified...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

Those 2 do sound strange!

For PAD Man at the corner, LFO1 in the Mod matrix on Layer 2 is clearly bonkers.

For LED Birdland, it appears that the same thing is occurring...

On the flip side, I have listened to dozens and dozens of other patches that sound just fine! Maybe a support ticket is justified...

Yeah, I think I'll raise one.

Thanks for checking it out though - it's good to know I'm not the only one with the issue.

• Like 1

• abacab changed the title to SynthMaster v2.9.9 arrives (again) - new rev 1/17/2021 many fixes