Seeking recommendation for free beats plugin to try?

Chuffey

I'm a total newbie to recording in Cakewalk. I'd like to start recording some songs, and I'd like to just use a pre-recorded beat to play along to, rather than trying to figure out how to do all that myself. Can I get a recommendation please? 

Still kind of lost here. What I'm trying to find is something like a drum machine that lets me just pick a beat, get it started, slow it down or speed it up, and then start laying down tracks on top of it. I started using Cakewalk because it was user friendly enough for me to figure out how to record a track with my guitar, and lay down a vocal on a second track. Now I want to go to the next step and record to a drum track. Can somebody point me in the right direction? So far, I haven't been able to find a YouTube video on how to do that. I could buy a stand alone drum machine, and just run it into Cakewalk, but that seems like a rather more expensive and awkward way to do it.

Edited by Chuffey
update

Cakewalk comes with SI Drum Kit. Just insert it as a virtual instrument track, and play along with one of the included patterns. You can adjust the tempo of the project any way you like, and the drum kit will stay in sync with the project.

You can audition the patterns from within the Drum Kit UI. Then you can drag and drop any of the patterns you like into the track as a MIDI clip, that you can edit and arrange them as you need to accompany your music.

There are also multiple pre-defined drum kits that you can choose from in the program browser.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, abacab said:

Cakewalk comes with SI Drum Kit. Just insert it as a virtual instrument track, and play along with one of the included patterns. You can adjust the tempo of the project any way you like, and the drum kit will stay in sync with the project.

You can audition the patterns from within the Drum Kit UI. Then you can drag and drop any of the patterns you like into the track as a MIDI clip, that you can edit and arrange them as you need to accompany your music.

There are also multiple pre-defined drum kits that you can choose from in the program browser.

Got it, thanks! Got as far as inserting SI Drum Kit, and picked a beat. Can't figure out how to slow it down, though!

1 hour ago, Chuffey said:

Got it, thanks! Got as far as inserting SI Drum Kit, and picked a beat. Can't figure out how to slow it down, though!

Just set your Cakewalk project tempo!

Right here at 7:39 >

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, abacab said:

@ChuffeyWelcome to Cakewalk! Be sure to watch all of Mike's videos! He's very informative and entertaining!

Plus it beats reading the Cakewalk manual at 1800+ pages, LOL! 😉

Certainly does - I'm sure it was over 2000 at last look!

Welcome Chuffey - the guys here will help you as much as they helped me I'm sure - don't be afraid to ask anything! We're all still learning!