Still missing the old Cake vibe

Fleer

47 minutes ago, MUDGEL said:

Sorry to be such an ass but seeing CbB is free  now he’s probably over at Avid trying to get the forum there to pony up for a copy of Pro Tools for him. 

Wasn't him. It was me that pushed that. Still, your post was funny.

3 hours ago, Gswitz said:

Wasn't him. It was me that pushed that. Still, your post was funny.

I know it was you Gswitz.  I was one of those who joined in. A nice thing to be able to help someone out. I think it was a great characterisic of the old forumites as it wasn’t the first time we did it. 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2019 at 12:20 PM, craigb said:

I helped Gregg debug Cakewalk v1.0 back in the 80's (I still remember that super-expensive Turtle Beach sound card I had to have because it did General MIDI!).  Although I had a different username during the first forums, I didn't participate much there (plus it got kind of nasty for a while and they even shut it down for a bit).  I didn't rejoin immediately when they opened the forums again, but eventually did when I had a question about the newest version (the first SONAR I believe).  Until SONAR v4 I never missed an update though!

I go back almost as far as you.  I started out on Cakewalk 3 (Twelve Tone Systems)  Version 4 came out and I was in heaven.  I really can't remember what versions I used before I stepped up to 8.5.  Solid as a rock so I stayed with it for a lot of time before landing in Sonar Platinum.

I also had a very expensive sound card - Roland Rap-10  All GM midi on board.  Thinking back, does anyone remember the gunshot or the whistle? 😄  GM sure was great for it's time.

/OM