Still missing the old Cake vibe

Fleer

6 hours ago, Oscar Myer said:

I started out on Cakewalk 3

I think I did too, but me brain might be playing tricks.

I'm pretty sure that by that time Windows 3 was out and Cakewalk ran on that. I seem to remember that the arrangement window had black blobs on a grid. In fact, just googled and found this:-

Player_-_Cakewalk_Professional_v3.01_For

I got it bundled with one of them Sound Blaster sound cards that came with an EMU daughter board... Was good for GM, for the price...

My first "proper" sound module was the Korg 05R/W, which I still have on a shelf in my studio. Doubt if I'll ever use it again :(

The first I ever heard of the name Cakewalk in terms of music production was some version that came on an Aerosmith cd that you could load onto your pc (win 98 or XP IIRC) so that you could "remix" the lead  track. Can't remember which track it was now and can't find the disc.

My first was Voyetra Digital Orchestra.  It came bundled with a Ensonix sound card. I had  no idea what to do with it.

In the process of looking for help  for VDO, I found the Cakewalk News Groups. And then someone helped me get started with Professional Audio 6 (Pro Audio was top of the line back then). Didn't go to PrAudio till version 8.

Edited by Grem
Ss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wibbles said:

This cake is pretty old, or at least past its best:

o.jpg

I never realised that there was a forum for such things.

It's more fun if you think of it as a picture of the future world from space... 😀

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1