Still missing the old Cake vibe

Fleer

I helped Gregg debug Cakewalk v1.0 back in the 80's (I still remember that super-expensive Turtle Beach sound card I had to have because it did General MIDI!).  Although I had a different username during the first forums, I didn't participate much there (plus it got kind of nasty for a while and they even shut it down for a bit).  I didn't rejoin immediately when they opened the forums again, but eventually did when I had a question about the newest version (the first SONAR I believe).  Until SONAR v4 I never missed an update though!

Edited by craigb
Why do we have to use Reason for editing on a Cakewalk forum???

1 hour ago, craigb said:

I helped Gregg debug Cakewalk v1.0 back in the 80's (I still remember that super-expensive Turtle Beach sound card I had to have because it did General MIDI!).  Although I had a different username during the first forums, I didn't participate much there (plus it got kind of nasty for a while and they even shut it down for a bit).  I didn't rejoin immediately when they opened the forums again, but eventually did when I had a question about the newest version (the first SONAR I believe).  Until SONAR v4 I never missed an update though!

I restarted on Sonar 4 and didn't miss an upgrade. I know what you mean about the forum being nasty. Case in point I have more then half my post count here in less then 3 months. It took me over 14 years to get my 1200+ on the old forum. I always read posts but didn't much reply. I was afraid I'd be attacked by the few nasty members. So now I decided I would hang out more in the Coffee House and enjoy the company here.

• Like 1