really weird audio engine dropout (0) issue

gaymushroomgirl

Question

i recently downloaded cakewalk, but immediately i am greeted with an 'audio engine dropout (0)' issue.  the issue affects my whole computer, as when i was watching a youtube video the audio cuts in and out every half a second, aswell as my cursor buffering every time audio cut out. when i close cakewalk the issue goes away, but this means i cant use cakewalk.

ive tried to reopen and reinstall cakewalk with no success, aswell as looking up to see if others have this issue also with no success.

my one suspicion is that its a problem with my audio drivers itself, basically on this computer i uninstalled the realtek audio drivers because they were really buggy (wouldnt read my headphones when plugged in and played music through speakers.

thanks in advance for any advice :)

2 answers to this question

Hi gaymushroomgirl and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.

Unfortunately, the Realtek sound cards do not play well with Cakewalk.  Being that CbB (Cakewalk by Bandlab) is professional recording/mixing software, it works best with an audio interface with a well written audio driver. 

With that being said, what audio driver mode do you have CbB set at?  There are a few other questions to answer such as, what it your buffer setting, how much memory does your PC have? etc.  Having your PC specs and help us narrowed down the problem.

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Like 1

Try some different driver modes. One that should work well for playback using the built in audio chipset is WASAPI exclusive or shared mode. Exclusive means that only one application can have the audio device open at a time, No YouTube while working with Cakewalk. Shared mode tries to share it between apps.

Please see the user manual. https://bandlab.github.io/cakewalk/docs/Cakewalk Reference Guide.pdf

image.png.5ed7aedc8eba3caa029c76c8cda77642.png

Edited by reginaldStjohn