60% off Zynaptiq Intensity Updated with Lower Price!

cclarry

Download intensity trial. Put it on the master bus. Select the preset "a little magic". Dial down the world wheel on the left from .20 to .16. Then consider increasing the wet/dry mix slider on the left just a hair, from 50% to 52%.

Ask a doctor if Zynaptiq is right for you. Side effects include varicose veins, lycanthropy, mild discomfort, rickets,  severe discomfort, diabeetus, gender permanence, receding hairline,  scoliosis, halitosis, sharks, outgrown toenails, the quartering of troops, dizziness, and Dizzy Gillespie Face.

AgedObedientGrison-max-1mb.gif.be4df0abbc2d71928257f3463ac52197.gif

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Haha 2

Two years ago I downloaded the trial and didn’t buy. I thought “I can do all this and more with Ozone 8 Advanced”. A lot of the online review demonstrations seem to be EDM oriented which is no interest to me, so I wonder about its effectiveness on traditional instruments and mixes/ masters thereof. So, I’m thinking I won’t buy, but I’d be interested in views from any established Intensity users, especially if you have tried it compared to more traditional mastering approaches. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ZincT said:

How do you choose between this, Soothe 2 and Gulfoss?

I'm hoping someone doesn't say that you need all of them 🤑

Having said that I'm getting some good results from TEOTE which cost quite a bit less.

My 2 schmeckles...

All are different.  

Soothe is more of the desser (or deharsher) mindset.  This is on the other side of the spectrum of Intensity to me.

Gulfoss is more of a balancer for me, but it can hype things just in a more subtle way.  It's harder to make this one sound bad, but don't tempt me.  if I have a mix that's like 3% away from being finished, this can usually be the thing that gets me there.  

Intensity is really that.  It's easy to push too far and make things sound harsh, then easy to dial back either with the mix slider, or by taming your settings.  There's also a (rare) bug that pops up with this from time to time if you use it on your 2 mix where it puts a nasty artifact at the very beginning of the song (within Pro Tools- cannot verify other daws).  The 'fix' I've found is to either do a super fast volume automation move, or to add a bar of preroll at the top of the song, and later edit this off your bounce.  It sucks, and it's annoying, but it's rare, and the plug in tends to do things I can't get other things to do for me.  

Demo it, and try the "A Little Magic" and "Track Silver" presets on your 2 mix, and you'll see how it can hype things.  

Ozone is probably the most similar to Intensity, but it's more of an 'all in one mastering' plug in.  

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, e-cue said:

My 2 schmeckles...

All are different.  

Soothe is more of the desser (or deharsher) mindset.  This is on the other side of the spectrum of Intensity to me.

Gulfoss is more of a balancer for me, but it can hype things just in a more subtle way.  It's harder to make this one sound bad, but don't tempt me.  if I have a mix that's like 3% away from being finished, this can usually be the thing that gets me there.  

Intensity is really that.  It's easy to push too far and make things sound harsh, then easy to dial back either with the mix slider, or by taming your settings.  There's also a (rare) bug that pops up with this from time to time if you use it on your 2 mix where it puts a nasty artifact at the very beginning of the song (within Pro Tools- cannot verify other daws).  The 'fix' I've found is to either do a super fast volume automation move, or to add a bar of preroll at the top of the song, and later edit this off your bounce.  It sucks, and it's annoying, but it's rare, and the plug in tends to do things I can't get other things to do for me.  

Demo it, and try the "A Little Magic" and "Track Silver" presets on your 2 mix, and you'll see how it can hype things.  

Ozone is probably the most similar to Intensity, but it's more of an 'all in one mastering' plug in.  

Thanks for your thoughts on Intensity. Unfortunately I cannot demo it again - how effective have you found it on individual instrument tracks, if indeed you’ve used it in that way? 

2 hours ago, Marshall said:

Thanks for your thoughts on Intensity. Unfortunately I cannot demo it again - how effective have you found it on individual instrument tracks, if indeed you’ve used it in that way? 

I use it quite a bit, individual tracks and 2 mix.  I probably use it on 2 mix and acoustic guitar most often.  To excite things, people would often reach for and aural exciter back in the day maybe boost some even ordered harmonics, but that isn't really a dynamics processor.  This is more like something that's going to dynamically shape things.  Where others seem to lift up detail (I'm looking at you Gufloss), Intensity hypes the micky ficky out of it.  

Basically, you ever hear a drummer that should sound like they are making a "Grrr" face, and a guitar that should be making a "stank" face, but you can't imagine it when you listen to a recorded part?  This tends to address that.  Of course, you can change the curves in the bias settings to whatever you need, but I tend to use it for tonal balancing while I lean on the intensity orb for lifting eyebrows.  There's other stuff under the hood as well, like switching the output to 'saturate', which is like a soft limiter one could use for mastering purposes, but I tend to use other tools for that.

I mix mostly pop/urban, but I'm doing a metal record right now, along with a Soul soundtrack for a movie, so I cross genres a bit.  If you only do, say, "Chill wave" or something that's more like sonic lullabies, this may be a less useful tool for you than it is for me.  

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I’ll wait today for Best Service discount codes to see if I can lower this one even more

Uhhh I saw your post, figured it would be a while before any codes would be released and then after completing transaction saw your “2020” promo code posted in different thread for $20 discount hehe.   It works by the way for intensity.  While I can’t take advantage of it if anyone else is buying from best service it’s $119 with code 2020 :)

Maybe Larry can update price to include promo code (until 12/27 when code expires)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Uhhh I saw your post, figured it would be a while before any codes would be released and then after completing transaction saw your “2020” promo code posted in different thread for $20 discount hehe.   It works by the way for intensity.  While I can’t take advantage of it if anyone else is buying from best service it’s $119 with code 2020 :)

Maybe Larry can update price to include promo code (until 12/27 when code expires)

Done!

• Like 2

Caved in and bought Intensity at $119, plus a Halls of Fame freebie. Only been thinking about buying this for two and a half years! 

I spent a few hours with it last night. I like it on individual tracks that need to be FEATURED in the mix. Just as subtle volume automations can bring a static mix to life - you know, touch the acoustic guitar fader up for a second or two in between vocal phrases - I can imagine Intensity being used in a similar way. Overdoing it would be very easy, but to be honest, your ears soon tell you to back off! So, don’t use it on every track so that they are all competing, and just a 10 to 20% nudge on the Intensity ball is usually all that’s needed. 

Not had a serious go at using it for mastering yet. I’m pretty comfortable with Ozone Advance 8 in getting what I need, and my initial impression is that I could not get Intensity to match my results with Ozone. But, rather than replacing it, I think Intensity could be part of the mastering chain, perhaps replacing the Exciter module within Ozone. 

Some of the Halls stereo reverbs sound great. I know, who needs another verb? but it was free! Initial tests suggest it matches beautifully with some guitar sims - really brought Nembrini’s SoundMaster to life, far more so than Nembrini’s own reverb for example. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1