Midi ecco problem

Øyvind Skald

I cant find the reason, but even if i put all mini inputs to no input, when rendering some synths get midi from others tracks too.  Really anoying to havw to freeze every track for a rendering to wav tile.

This is a fresh install on a fresh Windows 10 install. I use the Narive Instruments Komplete Kontrol vst wrapper plugin so my keyboard  Komplete Kontrol S61 has control over the plugins in full.

Before i turned off much of (pre out of the box on) settings in Cakewalk.i recorded my playing and orher tracks playin at ones. Now i se them in the graphic but they ate gone after the recording session. 

What is wrong here?  Can anybody tell me wher i can turn off midi ecco from other tracks/synths? 

Edited by ØSkald

Usually this problem is caused by 2 things

1) having Always Echo Current MIDI Track enabled and

2) having "Enable MIDI Output" enabled on one or more synths, This option is enabled by default on synths which can send MIDI. There are a few places where the "Enable Synth Output" option may be viewed and edited:

• The insert synth options dialog
  • The VST2/3 drop down in the standard header (see the "To enable VST MIDI input and output ports" section near the bottom of the page
  • And in the synth rack where the option is available from the synth settings menu and the context menu for each synth found by right-clicking the synth in the rack.
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

At a minimum, make sure

16 hours ago, scook said:

is disabled. When this is enabled, instrument and MIDI track inputs are changed from None to Omni automatically because a track cannot echo "None." When this happens any synth sending MIDI data gets picked up by the input echo enabled tracks.

The same thing happens with manual control over input echo but at least the user has a little more control over when input echo is enabled.

• Like 1

Mind you. It is not just Ecco curent track,

One track, like the drum track with Toontrack SD3 and that recieves MIDI from the piano track when rendeeing to track. Not playback.

And others are recording other tracks than with the keyboard, even tho it is just the input of the keyboard that is enabled.

Other are... Playback ecco of other track even tho they are not enabled, they can even be off screen. Long upp in tracks list. But that has not happend in a while.

Edited by ØSkald