kriss

Hi Kriss. Bass was a little too high for me and Kurt is right about the timing, but some lovely guitar chops and tone in there. It's a very intimate vocal but it comes and goes a little in places but that kind of adds variety and mood so maybe don't change it. I'd also agree with Kurt on some percussion and maybe some strings to lift it in places. The lead guitar melody worked for me but the tone didn't - a little 'thin' I felt so maybe you could fatten that a bit or add some drive on the remix.

These things are all subjective though and ultimately what I think doesn't matter, it's your song and if I'd written and performed that I'd be feeling pretty pleased with myself. Thanks for sharing, Andy.

• Like 1

I play the song and imagine the drums playing in my head and then find the rhythm in my drum software that sounds like it. Sometimes I have to rearrange the kick and or snare to get what I want.  Even when I get a good bass performance I find I need some minor moving of notes to align with the drums, really makes a song sound so much tighter when you do that and I find it kind of fun to do. Read up on audio transients in cakewalk editing.

I like MEquilizer to dial in my rhythm guitar sounds, it's a free plugin. You can boost or cut a tone and then sweep it back and forth to find where it sounds good. If you haven't watched any creativesauce youtube cakewalk videos yet I found him really helpful to learn how to do things in cakewalk, he puts things in a simple understandable way.

• Like 1