Anyone teaching one line? Need Help.

Max Arwood

You want to be the teacher? Or teachee?

I use artistworks.com for lessons. They are organized and build on each other. You pass videos back and forth between you and the teacher. You can see all the lessons your teacher has taught any student as well as the submissions from other students.

If you are the teacher and want real time, Skype or zoom would work.

• Thanks 1

Seems like the teachers are happy at Artist Works. They set up real schools that take years to work through the lessons they want to teach and they have lots of interaction with the students.

Caution, the caliber is kinda high.

Edit: One more thing... if you're good and you can make videos for youtube, you can get a following. You can begin making money once you have about 1000 subscribers. There are definitely talented people making a living at this.

Edited by Gswitz

I usually teach about 5 lines then the clefs and then the time signatures  lol. Just kidding. I hope to be teaching 5+. I am a retired band and choral music director. I will probably start the cowbell classes first. Don’t see much of that around lol!!

mad max and thunder cow bell. 

• Great Idea 1

craigb - Nice to meet another cowbell expert here. I love your board - it looks a little like mine. 

OK, well now I see the approximate volume levels, but what about EQ. What mikes and preamp do you use? Do you use any VST3 cowbell or do you use all analogue (free range?)? Oh yes how many cowbell buses will I need?  Did you do any side cowbell compression.  I really could use some help with parallel cowbell compression. Do you do it on the tracks or is it better on a bus? Do you tune your cowbells with Melodyne or do you think Autotune does a better job? What is your favorite reverb for cowbell? Do I need to record them @24k or 96k

So many questions to ask a another cowbell connoisseur!!

Thanks for any technical help you could give me.

• Haha 1