Native Instruments FREE Yangqin and FREE €25 voucher

Arjan M

HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY

We’re giving away a huge production and performance set. One lucky winner will bag a MASCHINE+, a copy of KOMPLETE 13 ULTIMATE COLLECTOR’S EDITION, a KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 keyboard, and a TRAKTOR KONTROL S3. Just enter your details below.

That settles it.  My dream has come true.  NI is definitely doing a Chinese or Asian Discovery series.  That is an insta-buy for me.  No waiting for Komplete 14 on that one.

I also dream of a Tarilonte one.  I've certainly made that clear to him on VI:Control.  He reads this forum too, by the way. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, locrian said:

Has anyone managed to get Yangqin to appear in their account?

I've clicked the "Get Yangqin" button a few times but it appears neither in my list of products nor in Native Access.

Yes. Added 30-60 minutes ago. They were saying up to 24 hours to get added, so 1 hour isn't bad. Just d/l'd and installed. Haven't tried it yet.

Edited by John Maar
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, locrian said:

Has anyone managed to get Yangqin to appear in their account?

I've clicked the "Get Yangqin" button a few times but it appears neither in my list of products nor in Native Access.

Same here. It appeared to download a new Native Access, but no Yangqin.

1 hour ago, locrian said:

I just got mine.

You won't see it in Native Access until it appears in your list of products in your online account.  For me that took ~30 minutes.

It took about an hour for me before it showed in NA. It's approx. 977Mb and sounds really nice.

Quite a few presets and the key layout is interesting with a mixture of single notes, performance patterns and strums.  

One other note.

When I first started Native Access, it kept failing, trying to download an update. I had to d/l the latest installer from the NI website and run it over my current install, but after that, it started up fine, and there was Yangqin.

Maybe you need the latest version of Native Access for some reason? IDK.

it's decent, and a lot better than the Yangqin in JEO.

But it's very bright compared to others.  Most Yangqin VIs use the hammers with the rubber sides, so the instruments sounds more muted.  I suspect the NI one uses the other side--the bamboo side. (See the video below)  Anyway, they've gone on the Hi EQ side of things. 

The best one by far is Three-Body Technology's Raindrop & Blade, which has both.  You can do practically everything the real player does below.  But Silk is damned good.  I don't have Phoenix.

https://www.threebodytech.com/en/products/raindropandblade

One thing that's cool about this is it has MIDI patterns that can be dragged into your DAW. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4