how to nudge clips now? also any shortcut from clip gain to clip?

davidtongmusic

I'm not on Win 7 or have the latest version of CbB but you can try going to Preferences and under Global Key Bindings manually create bindings for Nudge.  Also, I seem to remember back in the Win 7 years I would have to press the Number Lock button to Unlock and Lock again before Nudge would work.  There are two ways to toggle between the last two edit filters viewed.  With the track you want to toggle in focus simply hit the (+/=) key or Shift+Right click on the clips pane.  So if you are in the clips view and execute either toggle keystroke you will toggle between clips view and volume view.  If you then manually change to the clip gain view and then execute either toggle keystroke you will toggle between the clip gain view and the volume view, and so on and so forth.  HTH

• Like 1

Although the (+/=) key  will toggle between the last edit filter and the clips,  SHIFT + (+/=)  will toggle between the clip gain automation and clips.

SHIFT + (+/=) doesn't alter the "last edit filter", so you can use it to access clip gain automation regardless of what the non-shift version has set as it's last filter.

Typically I use (+/=) to toggle between track volume and clips, and SHIFT + (+/=) to toggle between clip gain automation and clips.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, davidtongmusic said:

ThankYou  Tonemangler  ,  yes it was the 0 +enter  in last ver to enable nudge, but juz seems its gone, and tried all keys without luck,  cakewalk is pretty good at hiding stuff

The default numpad behavior was/is nudge.

Numpad 0 used to toggle the Enhanced Keyboard Editing mode.

This used to be a source of confusion as some trying to use nudge would accidently invoke this mode instead by hitting the numpad 0.

As a result, the keyboard shortcut 0 was removed in CbB 2020.04 leaving it up to the user to assign the shortcut.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Although the (+/=) key  will toggle between the last edit filter and the clips,  SHIFT + (+/=)  will toggle between the clip gain automation and clips.

SHIFT + (+/=) doesn't alter the "last edit filter", so you can use it to access clip gain automation regardless of what the non-shift version has set as it's last filter.

Typically I use (+/=) to toggle between track volume and clips, and SHIFT + (+/=) to toggle between clip gain automation and clips.

Thank You!