Audio not importing?

Mr. Torture

1 minute ago, Mr. Torture said:

I have a stereo drum track that I am trying to import into a session. It goes through the process but the track is not visible? I tried importing, dragging & dropping. Still cannot see any wave file in the session? 

Its probably all the way at the end somewhere off screen. Scroll to find it. It probably  has embedded info in it that makes it go to lets say measure 121, beat 2

1 minute ago, CJ Jacobson said:

Its probably all the way at the end somewhere off screen. Scroll to find it. It probably  has embedded info in it that makes it go to lets say measure 121, beat 2

That was the first thing I tried, nothing there. I can see the wave in the audio folder, 5 times actually because that's how many times I tried bringing the audio in..

When importing audio, take note of this setting:

image.png.d58cc17839b4964720ad0af7187b7adb.png

If it's checked, then the audio will be inserted at the timestamp embedded within the audio. This is useful if you've exported clips from another DAW that all start at different times, so this setting will preserve their start time.

If you want the audio to be inserted at drop location, leave this option unchecked.

Note that not all waveforms have time-stamps embedded, but if you do drag a wave file into your project and can't see it, it's likely this setting that has caused it to be inserted later on in the project.

• Like 2