How to split a note in n equal parts?

Jose Marques

Question

A very simple question: is there a way to select a note in the piano roll or staff view and apply some command that splits it in two, three, four etc equal parts? I used to be able to do it when I used Pro Audio 9, perhaps it was a CAL. Anyway, it looks as something very basic and easy to implement. Thanks!

Edited by Jose Marques

8 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

X.E.L. Ohh does it in one of his recent tutorials. He has a link to download the CAL scripts. Have a look in the Tutorials section. One of his 808 tutorials, I think. Very recent.

Thank you. I browsed his videos but couldn't find where he does it nor the link to the CAL script.

On 12/20/2020 at 10:07 AM, Jose Marques said:

A very simple question: is there a way to select a note in the piano roll or staff view and apply some command that splits it in two, three, four etc equal parts? I used to be able to do it when I used Pro Audio 9, perhaps it was a CAL. Anyway, it looks as something very basic and easy to implement. Thanks!

I have written a couple of CAL scripts that do this.  2, 3, and 4 note split (Which is enough to suit my needs....)