Jump to content
  • 0
Jose Marques

How to split a note in n equal parts?

Question

A very simple question: is there a way to select a note in the piano roll or staff view and apply some command that splits it in two, three, four etc equal parts? I used to be able to do it when I used Pro Audio 9, perhaps it was a CAL. Anyway, it looks as something very basic and easy to implement. Thanks!

Edited by Jose Marques

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

X.E.L. Ohh does it in one of his recent tutorials. He has a link to download the CAL scripts. Have a look in the Tutorials section. One of his 808 tutorials, I think. Very recent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

X.E.L. Ohh does it in one of his recent tutorials. He has a link to download the CAL scripts. Have a look in the Tutorials section. One of his 808 tutorials, I think. Very recent.

Thank you. I browsed his videos but couldn't find where he does it nor the link to the CAL script.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, Jose Marques said:

Thank you. I browsed his videos but couldn't find where he does it nor the link to the CAL script.

I'll look

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 12/20/2020 at 10:07 AM, Jose Marques said:

A very simple question: is there a way to select a note in the piano roll or staff view and apply some command that splits it in two, three, four etc equal parts? I used to be able to do it when I used Pro Audio 9, perhaps it was a CAL. Anyway, it looks as something very basic and easy to implement. Thanks!

I have written a couple of CAL scripts that do this.  2, 3, and 4 note split (Which is enough to suit my needs....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
46 minutes ago, Promidi said:

I have written a couple of CAL scripts that do this.  2, 3, and 4 note split (Which is enough to suit my needs....)

Anyways, if you want to split into 6, you split into3, and then each bit into 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Promidi said:

I have written a couple of CAL scripts that do this.  2, 3, and 4 note split (Which is enough to suit my needs....)

Great! Are they available for the public?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...