I'm loving articulation maps.

Steve Harder

I had never actually used articulation maps in a Daw until they were implemented in Cakewalk.  But before then I had sensed that they could significantly change  the experience of working with orchestral sample libraries.  And artic maps have definitely exceeded my expectations.

I find myself using and exploring libraries like EastWest and VSL, libraries which have intricate and layered articulation setups, libraries which had been just a little too cumbersome to use for intricate work.  Now that I have artic maps I'm just a quick click away from a resource that both documents in a consistent manner and implements whatever articulation management scheme that particular library uses.

I want to sincerely thank all the developers who made Cakewalk artic maps happen.  The first implementation is great and I look forward to the improvements that I'm sure will follow.

Here's a printscreen of a VSL Eridonus percussion riff project.  Returning to this project in 6 months would be a lot harder without the artic map entries.

image.thumb.png.830ce1c9b578301e0ff325190a7ac4d2.png

Edited by Steve Harder