VU meters..

Carl P Clovis

• 1 year later...

I was going to post about what people do about accurate and flexible metering with Cakewalk.

I come from Samplitude with an entire suite of pro meters, so having none besides the  track and mixer meters feels strange...

Do people add 3rd party meters?  

I am used to the attached with Samplitude and this would probably be expensive to add as  a plug in I would expect...

Meters.png

It is unlikely, but not impossible that such features could be added to Cakewalk.

While you are waiting, there is a plethora of great 3rd-party freeware metering plug-ins available.

MVMeter2 is an excellent VU meter, and the same company has another LUFS meter I use for mastering.

Meldaproduction's FreeFXBundle comes with MLoudnessAnalyzer, MStereoAnalyzer, MAnalyzer, and a couple others. The first two are in every project I do.

Voxengo's SPAN is another popular spectrum analyzer.

If you try these and they are still not enough metering for you, remember: mix with your ears.

On 8/9/2020 at 2:04 PM, Starship Krupa said:

It is unlikely, but not impossible that such features could be added to Cakewalk.

While you are waiting, there is a plethora of great 3rd-party freeware metering plug-ins available.

MVMeter2 is an excellent VU meter, and the same company has another LUFS meter I use for mastering.

Meldaproduction's FreeFXBundle comes with MLoudnessAnalyzer, MStereoAnalyzer, MAnalyzer, and a couple others. The first two are in every project I do.

Voxengo's SPAN is another popular spectrum analyzer.

If you try these and they are still not enough metering for you, remember: mix with your ears.

I just came on to post about Melda Productions ...Cool.  Everytime I use one of their plugins I get a pleasing result as well!  Very Musical!

I'd like to be able to use a metering VST for recording level monitoring as well. I don't think this is currently possible, or is it?

EDIT:  Nevermind, I don't know what the heck I was thinking...  🙄

Edited by petemus

Now that LUFS has become the industry standard for streaming content, Cakewalk would really benefit from adding in a professional built in meter.

I know this thread is about VU meters but I'm strictly talking about a hybrid meter that could be designed by Cakewalk for use in the mixing/mastering stages. Giving readings for Peak/RMS, LUFS, The K-system and VU. 

Personally i use Youlean for all my mastering work.  

• Like 3