Hello guys. I just recently finished making my own theme for my projects. I would like to share this because someone asked if I could post it, if I will make one.

The base UI for this theme is from the FLAT_WHITE theme. Thanks to @Colin Nicholls for making it.

@chris.r

Not completely inspected for overlooked color assignments. There are some few drawbacks for the colors selected but I believe this works for my workflow. Merry Christmas everyone.

AFUI version1

UI 1.jpg

UI 2.jpg

AFUI v1.3 (sends background, piano black keys, track view sliders values revised)

274119781_afui1.3.thumb.jpg.966c44a73801668ef8768d0d8afd786e.jpg

AFUI v1.4 (3d sliders)

1883638106_afui1.4.thumb.jpg.8049700db564633cfc88b01d19574f0f.jpg

AFUI 1.5 (flat sliders with shadows)

344150265_AFUI1.5(flatsliderswithshadows).thumb.jpg.b8d19381d5b8b7c47b0324294899aaea.jpg

Almost Flat UI Theme.sth

AFUI 1.3 (new values for piano black keys, track sliders, sends ).sth AFUI 1.4 (3d sliders).sth

AFUI 1.5 (flat sliders with shadows).sth

AFUI 1.5 (flat sliders with shadows).sth

Edited by John Paul Anthony Dela Cruz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I can appreciate the work that went into that, over and above your starting point.

Nice. Clear. Love the contrast of the MIX controls.

The "baby blue" highlight works well against the mid-grey.

I see you're going for the balance of "not too light, not too dark", a brave goal. (It does make me wish for "contrast/bright" sliders as featured in Studio One, I always thought that was a nice way of allowing a user preference without introducing UI anarchy.)

I recommend re-visiting the color of the volume sliders for Tracks. The "Grey on Grey" isn't working, IMO. Maybe White or Light Grey for tracks?

Great work.

2 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

I can appreciate the work that went into that, over and above your starting point.

Nice. Clear. Love the contrast of the MIX controls.

The "baby blue" highlight works well against the mid-grey.

I see you're going for the balance of "not too light, not too dark", a brave goal. (It does make me wish for "contrast/bright" sliders as featured in Studio One, I always thought that was a nice way of allowing a user preference without introducing UI anarchy.)

I recommend re-visiting the color of the volume sliders for Tracks. The "Grey on Grey" isn't working, IMO. Maybe White or Light Grey for tracks?

Great work.

I appreciate the inputs. I also noticed the sliders are a little mixed up. I will try to change it.

56 minutes ago, John Paul Anthony Dela Cruz said:

@Colin Nicholls You are referring to the main sliders right? Not the smaller ones?

ui1.jpg

Right - although I also noticed that the "horizontal sliders" were not as visible as I would prefer, but I wanted to avoid the popular "if you just change this and this and this to suit ME it would be perfect" kind of post.

One thing to take note is that the sends background and the sliders in track view are affected by one color in the theme editor. I decided to make a darker background to compensate if the user prefers a lighter value for the track view sliders and sends titles.  

image.png

AFUI 1.3 (new values for piano black keys, track sliders, sends ).sth

14 hours ago, John Paul Anthony Dela Cruz said:

@Colin Nicholls

What's a little tricky with regards to those small sliders; the color assignment tends to affect different parts of the theme w/c are also primary elements for the UI. 

Ha ha you don't need to tell me that 🙂

>>  currently I find this 3d slider set from cakewalk working decently

The important thing is that YOU are happy with the theme. I do agree that the sliders look better in AFUI 1.4 in your screenshot above.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So this is one of my favorite and most used themes.  I made some mods to it (not to make it "better" just more in line with how I like to work).

So thanks to @Colin Nicholls  for the Flat White Theme that inspired @John Paul Anthony Dela Cruz to create AFUI 1.5 theme that I've created a few tweaks to.  So it isn't really a new theme, just a slight variation

UPDATE:::  2021.12 compatible.

Main idea of changes that I made:

• Remove lots of the word clutter (pro-channel, Effects, Sends, I/O, Performance, gain/pan) - where any experienced user already knows where these are.  
  • Change FX active/inactive button in track and console view.  I went for the traditional green is on, red is off type of look.
  • Adjusted the color of at least one of the faders

Just posting if anyone finds the variation interesting of an already brilliant theme created by someone else.  

image.thumb.png.87b777e6132d56073e901d37b8a4419c.png

AFUI 1.5 - BW Pro_2021-12.sth AFUI 1.5 - BW Pro_2021-04.sth

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Very nice. I'll be adding this to my "select choice" list of themes I alternative with.

I do think you maybe went a little to far with the Performance Module, though.

It is just a personal preference thing.  That section isn't one where you can click and get functionality from and the fact it has constant movement It is already drawing your eye up there so my brain doesn't need the distraction of reading a word, I know it is related to performance, so I know what it is.  The idea is to declutter some of those distractions that don't add value to me personally.  It is a little extreme perhaps, but that word "performance" is pretty big up there and I found I liked it better with it removed.  Other areas where I'm selecting a tool, or something of that nature, I want some indication of what it is.  

(and it does say performance if you collapse it)

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Great Idea 1