Exponential Nimbus

cclarry

This is my goto reverb -- IMHO the best software 'verb in the business for orchestral music and similar.

Open, clear, sweet-sounding, with lots of presets and really configurable. I paid full freight for it a few years ago, and I'd happily have paid double. For $29 bucks?....jeez...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Amicus717 said:

This is my goto reverb -- IMHO the best software 'verb in the business for orchestral music and similar.

Open, clear, sweet-sounding, with lots of presets and really configurable. I paid full freight for it a few years ago, and I'd happily have paid double. For $29 bucks?....jeez...

It is awesome, but with the lame single authorization seat, many of us do have to pay double to integrate it into our "collection"   😄

19 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

It is awesome, but with the lame single authorization seat, many of us do have to pay double to integrate it into our "collection"   😄

I was about to post the same comment. I also have EXCALIBUR and that is the one big flaw in this. You cannot switch the single lic from one system you are using to another .. so yes it means 2x the price. Still a good deal but not as sweet :(

2 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

True. Made me decide not to upgrade EW Spaces to Spaces 2. 

With this one and FabFilter Pro-R, I'm set for orchestral reverberation.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I was about to post the same comment. I also have EXCALIBUR and that is the one big flaw in this. You cannot switch the single lic from one system you are using to another .. so yes it means 2x the price. Still a good deal but not as sweet :(

I don’t think what you are saying about licensing here is exactly correct. You can’t have it activated on 2 computers simultaneously, but you can deactivate it one computer and then activate it on another. You can then reverse that process, and go back and forth if you wish. Alternatively, you can keep the license on a USB dongle.

Edited by LAGinz

4 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I don’t think what you are saying about licensing here is exactly correct. You can’t have it activated on 2 computers simultaneously, but you can deactivate it one computer and then activate it on another. You can then reverse that process, and go back and forth if you wish. Alternatively, you can keep the license on a USB dongle.

Yes you can deactivate and reactivate on another computer BUT it is done via ILOK which means you have to remember each time & I am not sure is there a limit to amount of times you can do this? With respect to dongle I dont think you or I can make an ILOK dongle, I think you have to buy one from ILOK?

Edited by aidan o driscoll

I know of no limit on switching authorizations back and forth. I-lock dongles available from a number of musical supply sources, eg. Sweetwater, GC etc. I do agree with you it is a bit of a pain in the neck. Would be nice if they allowed 2 ilock authorizations from one purchase like Soundtoys does.