Orchestra Tools Xmax Gift

cclarry

12 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

It’s just an ensemble patch of the whole orchestra playing at once.  Not my favorite Inspire patch.  

Reid - would you have any recommendations for a sub 25 euro patch? - some of the brasses and strings sound good in Inspire but there maybe stuff I've missed!

1 hour ago, JoeGBradford said:

Reid - would you have any recommendations for a sub 25 euro patch? - some of the brasses and strings sound good in Inspire but there maybe stuff I've missed!

OT doesn't display the individual prices for me.   If I only was going to buy one patch it would be from Inspire 2.   The Flageolet Strings is a particular favorite as are the children's choir and violins,  the delicate piano and the harps. 

• Thanks 2

On 12/19/2020 at 4:15 PM, locrian said:

Bought the Phoenix Orchestra Liuqin for $25 (total cost = $0).

But I have to say, I really hate the Sine Player; the layout is so inefficient and such a PITA to navigate.

Do you need the Sine Player to download or play these instruments?

54 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Okay. 
So that’s Flageolet Strings at $14...

For me it's Male Choir then, from Jeff Russo Modus, total €20. Voucher well spent.

Did Edith say something about loosing that €5...?

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

I'll have to check out the male choir and flageolet strings. I liked the sound of the violas and children's choir too

I also liked First Chairs strings from Inspire 1, but then I thought that choirs is where I'm missing out the most. As for flautando I'm already covered with Spitifire Studio Strings, the masters of flautandos :) 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 11:26 AM, cclarry said:

Eternal Voices and Solo Opera seem to be good choices to use this voucher on, should one
be so inclined...

As anybody who follows my stuff knows, Solo Opera is one of my favorite VIs ever, and I don't really like opera that much.  There are some people who prefer Eternal Vocals, but I just don't get it.  Even though it is the same singer, I don't see it.  Something happened in the recording and coding of Solo Opera where everything came together.

This was an early video, so it's not one of my best, but you do get to hear what Solo Opera sounds like right out of the box.  The point of the video was just playing it with no messing about with settings.  It amazed me.  Because I liked it, I had to think of something operish that I actually liked, so I picked this song by Puccini.   

Believe it or not, I have found many places to use it, including in a kind of Morricone song. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 4