8Dio Deal of the Day (19 Dec) - The New Adagio Bundle Anthology

antler

1 hour ago, husker said:

(PS, don't think less of me Matthew).  

It's a good deal.  You may never actually use it though, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good library at a good price.

I'm just debating if I want to contact 8dio and get the legacy versions added to my account.  Also I think I only have Anthology 1.2.2 and I think it's up to 1.3.  I guess I have to contact them about that too.  I wish they would do something about updates, would be nice if they would tell me and help me update anything not updated.

Right now 8Dio is taking up 451GB of disc space for me.  Not sure I really want to spend more disc space for the legacy stuff.

So I send 8Dio an email and they added the 1.3 version of Anthology to my account and the four legacy Adagio libraries.  The 1.3 update does look like they modified a bunch of things (I diffed it against 1.2) fixed issues/etc but it does require a full new download (they changed the samples) and they changed how the .nki files are too.

The Legacy Adagio is interesting.  I didn't have any of these four(just the cheaper Agitato and Adagietto libraries).  Comparing these to the newer, the older ones are definitely noisier and not as clean.  There are also a bunch of odd/different articulations that appears to have been removed with the reorganization.  These legacy libraries take 76.7GB of disc space though.  Which is kind of expensive.