8Dio Deal of the Day (19 Dec) - The New Adagio Bundle Anthology

antler

The New Adagio Bundle Anthology $98

Or, you can get the individual volumes separately:

• The New Adagio Violins $38 (goes $248 on December 25th)
  • The New Adagio Violas $38 (goes $248 on December 25th)
  • The New Adagio Cellos $38 (goes $248 on December 25th)
  • The New Adagio Basses $38 (goes $248 on December 25th)

https://8dio.com/

Personal disclaimer: with the transformations that the Adagio series has gone through, I have no idea whether the $98 bundle includes everything that all of the separate $38 volumes would have; if anyone knows, please add to the thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

anyone use this? what the resource hit? I am tempted. I tried out some freebies from 8dio. Its weird that all the interfaces are exactly the same .

IDK what you're using, but their interfaces are not the same.  They are very different.
If you are using libraries from a series they might be the same, but the Libraries have 
very different interfaces

39 minutes ago, antler said:

The New Adagio Bundle Anthology $98

Or, you can get the individual volumes separately:

• The New Adagio Violins $38 (goes $248 on December 25th)
  • The New Adagio Violas $38 (goes $248 on December 25th)
  • The New Adagio Cellos $38 (goes $248 on December 25th)
  • The New Adagio Basses $38 (goes $248 on December 25th)

https://8dio.com/

Personal disclaimer: with the transformations that the Adagio series has gone through, I have no idea whether the $98 bundle includes everything that all of the separate $38 volumes would have; if anyone knows, please add to the thread.

The Adagio Individual Libraries are normally $98...not $248.  The bundle is normally $248, and $98 in the sale

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

anyone use this? what the resource hit? I am tempted. I tried out some freebies from 8dio. Its weird that all the interfaces are exactly the same .

I have all these, plus Anthology Strings ( I think both are based on the same set of samples...?)

I like the sound of them, although they are very dramatic and over-the-top -- almost schmaltzy  -- with big, swooping legato transitions. I rarely used them at full modulation (frankly, I rarely go past halfway) and tone them down a smidge with eq so they fit in with my other template string libraries. 

I don't use the shorts (I don't really like the sound of them), and I rarely fire up the other articulations. I use them strictly for prominent (and overwrought) legato string lines.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, husker said:

@Matthew Sorrels - Do you know if this the same Adagio bundle you get if you crossgrade to Adagio from Anthology?

Yes I think that's how it is now.  Though for me they were/are 5 separate things.  Which makes me think that getting the full bundle may give you more instrument patches than buying the four parts separately.  I'm not really sure though.

I have promised myself I will never, never, never buy another string library.  😡

But IMHO this is one of the best deals of the year, both the singles and the collections.  Even if you have some Adagios laying around it's a good deal because they have different stuff that Anthology doesn't.  

I just don't need it.  Arggh!  I won't be able to stop myself from watching demos again. 

The big deals are suddenly starting to hit.  Strezov Storm Choir for 49 euros? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I have promised myself I will never, never, never buy another string library.  😡

But IMHO this is one of the best deals of the year, both the singles and the collections.  Even if you have some Adagios laying around it's a good deal because they have different stuff that Anthology doesn't.  

I just don't need it.  Arggh!  I won't be able to stop myself from watching demos again. 

The big deals are suddenly starting to hit.  Strezov Storm Choir for 49 euros? 

https://www.strezov-sampling.com/products/view/STORM-CHOIR-1.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Even if you have some Adagios laying around it's a good deal because they have different stuff that Anthology doesn't.  

Are you sure Reid? I'm only asking because to my understanding, Adagio has gone through a few iterations and apparently the newest version doesn't have what the original versions did - I'm happy to stand corrected, as I'm a little confused about this string library's evolution.

1 hour ago, antler said:

Are you sure Reid? I'm only asking because to my understanding, Adagio has gone through a few iterations and apparently the newest version doesn't have what the original versions did - I'm happy to stand corrected, as I'm a little confused about this string library's evolution.

@Dzilizzi is more knowledgeable about this because I think she owns Anthology.

So don't quote me,  but... there was a series called Adagio that had very good qualities but  there were a lot of complaints about it .  For example, Cory Pelizzari did a video, which, if I remember correctly said, just buy the violins and the cellos and forget the rest. 

So 8dio addressed the problems with a new version that brought all four libraries into one. But people still complained about this version #2. 

So they then came out with version #3--Anthology--which they gave away free to people who bought the previous version.   This was considered finally getting things right by most people, although there was irritation about them repackaging the same samples so many times.

There's more to it than this because they also released Adagietto, which was.... oh I don't know. 😄

Anthology doesn't include all the features of the separate Adagio libraries,  but it lacks the flaws and it brings them all into one interface.

I think that is close to what happened.  I have Adagio Violins, which I like.  There are things like separate crescendo patches that I don't think are in Anthology.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

From thier FAQ page
https://8dioproductions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050126532-What-Is-The-Difference-Between-Adagietto-Adagio-Agitato-Anthology-Strings-

What Is The Difference Between Adagietto, Adagio, Agitato, & Anthology Strings?

Adagietto contains all the nuts and bolts for core string writing - featuring Ensemble Strings from Adagio

Agitato is a specialty series designed to target the most sought after ensemble string articulations (ex. Williams Legato etc)

Adagio is the individual volumes (Violins, Violas, Cellos, and Basses) from Anthology Strings separated into individual instruments which contain Solo, Chamber, and Ensemble Instruments. 

Anthology is ALL of the libraries in one convenient, super-polished, collection. New UI, new functionality etc.

But I'm pretty sure there is more to it than that.

From a few comments at VI-Control, you can do a "crossgrade" to get the older instruments.

I just added 8Dio Anthology Strings to my collection and am waiting for the ok to crossgrade to Adagio Legacy and 2.0

And I contacted 8DIO support and they replied:

Thank you for contacting 8dio support.

Owners of the current version of Anthology and the New Adagio can get access to the legacy versions of adagio for free. Simply let us know you would like them added and we can check your account.

Also found this.. including a video from 8dio on the history.

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/im-trying-to-understand-8dios-string-library-history-can-someone-help-me.102131/

Edited by Barrie

OK, for those of you who are thinking of this.  Buying the Anthology Strings (currently $98) WILL get you all four Adagio libraries as well at a nominal cross grade fee.

You buy Anthology, then send support a request to cross grade to the Adagios.  They will send you a coupon to buy Adagio Violins for $8.  Once you purchase that, they will put the Violas, Cellos, and Bass into your account.

So, for a grand total of $106, you can get Anthology as well as the complete Adagio set.

(PS, don't think less of me Matthew).  

• Great Idea 1