Lift Me Up

amiller

14 minutes ago, garybrun said:

@amiller  I liked your arrangments.
Seems a little flat on my monitors...  midrange boxy....bit more sizzle needed.

Nice guitar playing... well done.

Thanks for taking the time to listen.  I’ll give your critique consideration.😊

1 hour ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi amiller,

Nice instrumental + great guitar playing.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Paul, thank you so much for the kind words and thank you for taking the time to listen and comment.  There's nothing worse for a song writer than to post a song and get no responses one way or another...thanks again.😊

44 minutes ago, Lynn said:

I listened to this twice because it put me in a good mood this morning.  Overall, the performances and mix are pleasant to hear, and I have no crits.  Well done!

Awesome!  Thank you so much!  Yes, the songs title is intended to reflect a "put me in a good mood" vibe.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

3 hours ago, SPAK said:

Left a comment on SC ... I think I'm a fan, great playing  (Can I hear a little Eagles in there somewhere ?)

I’m a big Eagles fan.  I’m sure there’s some subconscious influences in everything I do.  Thanks for listening.😊👍

54 minutes ago, bjornpdx said:

Really good guitar on this and I liked the bass especially. The drums could be toned down a bit but that's  my only crit.

Thanks for listening and commenting.  I’m always struggling to get the drums, especially snare, loud enough.  I guess I can have a tendency to go overboard.😊

You might double the snare with some hand claps or something, to brighten it? I agree it could be driving this thing just a bit more.

It's a cool jam, and all the performances are very solid. Nice arrangement, the parts all work. Cool composition.

I'd say your battle is in the drum mix. What are you using for drums?

cheers,

-Tom

I also found this to be a very "feel good song."  There used to be a show that ran on US television for a while that was called Due South.  This reminds me of some of the background music that was done on this series.  Very nice indeed!!

4 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

You might double the snare with some hand claps or something, to brighten it? I agree it could be driving this thing just a bit more.

It's a cool jam, and all the performances are very solid. Nice arrangement, the parts all work. Cool composition.

I'd say your battle is in the drum mix. What are you using for drums?

cheers,

-Tom

I’m using Superior Drummer 3.  I don’t think it’s the software.  I need to keep working and refining my skills.

Thanks for listening and commenting.  Every bit helps.😊

2 hours ago, freddy j said:

I also found this to be a very "feel good song."  There used to be a show that ran on US television for a while that was called Due South.  This reminds me of some of the background music that was done on this series.  Very nice indeed!!

I really like the “feel good” comments.  I get the same vibe.

Thanks!😊

Hi,

This is a spectacular sounding instrumental!😀

Great guitar tones and fantastic, tasty playing with tons of smooth, memorable melodies to keep things interesting.  I really loved the harmony guitar parts, they sort of reminded me of early Allman Brothers stuff, and the bass and drums sounded perfect.

This is a nice crystal clear and wide, modern sounding mix, with lots of energy, that sounds right on the money for the song style.

Excellent work, great stuff!👍

Have a great weekend!
Bob

4 hours ago, Bob Oister said:

Hi,

This is a spectacular sounding instrumental!😀

Great guitar tones and fantastic, tasty playing with tons of smooth, memorable melodies to keep things interesting.  I really loved the harmony guitar parts, they sort of reminded me of early Allman Brothers stuff, and the bass and drums sounded perfect.

This is a nice crystal clear and wide, modern sounding mix, with lots of energy, that sounds right on the money for the song style.

Excellent work, great stuff!👍

Have a great weekend!
Bob

Wow!  Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.  I really appreciate your kind words.  I also checked out some of your releases.  Very cool hard driving well done rock.  My wife is a big early Def Leppard fan and thinks your songs have that high energy sound that she likes so much.  ‘Hat’s off to you!