Are Z3TA 2, Rapture Classic and Dimension Pro still functional and good sounding compared to actual established names ?

PopStarWannabe

It's a shame that BandLab doesn't just re-release Rapture Pro, which replaced Rapture and Dim Pro back in the day.

Probably not worth investing much to update it, because there is some rather stiff competition out there in the soft synth market today. Even some of the free synths are very high quality.

Although it's probably not the market that BandLab is going after, but IMHO it would be very good PR for BandLab!

• Like 1

Rapture Pro, when taken for what it was, was not a bad product, once they got a handle on the bugs and the long load times.

Unfortunately, it was not at all what people were hoping for.  People expected it to be the next generation synth and it functioned more like Sound Center 2.

If they brought it back, I wouldn't mind if they made it NKS compatible.  More importantly, I'd rather see a more developer friendly interface.

Edited by Magic Russ

7 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

Rapture Pro, when taken for what it was, was not a bad product, once they got a handle on the bugs and the long load times.

Unfortunately, it was not at all what people were hoping for.  People expected it to be the next generation synth and it functioned more like Sound Center 2.

If they brought it back, I wouldn't mind if they made it NKS compatible.  More importantly, I'd rather see a more developer friendly interface.

I think the main issue is that BandLab has obviously devoted their developer resources to Cakewalk, and IMO is not likely to support plugin development beyond the current CbB bundle.  If anything was to be re-released, they may be concerned about additional support overhead. That's the only reason I was suggesting Rapture Pro, as it was Cakewalk's most current instrument, and the originals were already end-of-life under Gibson (although they still work, for now).

The fact that BandLab haven't done anything at all with these instruments in 4 years tells me it' s likely to be never. But there is always hope, and Rapture & Dim Pro are still working for me here! :)

Edited by abacab

7 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

And that type of reception is possibly one thing that they are aware of and don't have the resources to deal with at the moment.