Solutions

Douglas Kirby

Hi Eveybody,

This is a track I just finished mixing today - it's another riff-rock song I wrote - it's off of the album I'm currently working on called "The Westerly Sessions Volume V". As always, any comments and critiques are welcome, and thanks for listening.

I sang the lead vocal with a Studio Projects C1 through a Chameleon Labs 7603 mic preamp. The backing vocal was sung with an AT4040.

The rhythm guitar is a Gibson Les Paul through TH-U, and the lead guitar parts are a Fender Strat through TH-U.

The bass guitar is an Ibanez SR500 through TH-U.

The drums are AD2.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14161787

• Like 6

Catchy, great vocals! That vocal chain is really working, super clear. Maybe the bass guitar is getting buried a bit by the rhythm guitar low eq? I think you may have a little room to eq a bit more low end off the rhythm guit ? Something to try perhaps, it might make the bass sit up and be noticed, if that's of interest.

Another winner. Have you ever written a clunker? Just curious.  :)

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 4:12 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Catchy, great vocals! That vocal chain is really working, super clear. Maybe the bass guitar is getting buried a bit by the rhythm guitar low eq? I think you may have a little room to eq a bit more low end off the rhythm guit ? Something to try perhaps, it might make the bass sit up and be noticed, if that's of interest.

Another winner. Have you ever written a clunker? Just curious.  :)

cheers,

-Tom

Hey Tom - I agreed with you regarding the bass - so I boosted it at 150 - I already had a high pass filter at 300 for the rhythm guitars - anyway - now it sounds better to me. Thanks for lending your ears to my song, and Happy Holidays.

On 12/19/2020 at 9:21 PM, Starise said:

This has that classic vibe. Sounds like it was tracked in a pro studio. Goes to show we don't need the best of the best to make good recordings. 

Great playing and vox .

Thanks for giving my song a listen and I'm glad you liked the mix - Happy Holidays.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This song has a very Retro Classic Indie Vibe going for it ...This type of musical genre seems to be in style with some of the younger musicians these day s ..

What's old is new again ...I hear and see tunes like this on TV and other entertainment platforms .

Good stuff man , I love Riff Rock  and Riff Rock Guitars ....you did a good job on those  ...

The tune it self (  instrumentally ) reminds me of a couple of different bands VIA some of the song sections / arrangement ...

The way your vocals float over the top of the song certainly gives it your own individual sound ...

This one is good listen for sure ...

all the best ,

Kenny

• Like 1