On which Windows 10 do you work in Cakewalk? Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro?

Konskoo

• 2 weeks later...

I use both Home and Pro, but like others, only because my laptop is a corporate hand-me-down that had Windows 7 Pro on it when the upgrade came around.

There is nothing, including the "advanced" settings (such as disabling real time malware scanning), that I can do with Pro that I can't do with Home. It took some finagling to enable the more advanced settings on the Home systems, but it is possible. The few that exist are just not enabled by default, and they have little to do with DAW performance except for my disabling of realtime malware scanning, which most people are afraid of doing anyway.

Microsoft have even given Home users greater ability to defer updates, so I wouldn't worry about that.

• Thanks 1

I can vow by LTSC, but it's not for everyone and acquiring it is not easy. It has no Cortana, no Windows Store and only receives security and critical updates. You still have to turn off the rest of the telemetry at every update with ShutUp10, but it's much more lighter than regular Windows 10, since it doesn't steal your resources phoning home every single second.

• Thanks 1