IK Multimedia Syntronik Memory-V FREE for newsletter subscribers

Arjan M

3 minutes ago, abacab said:

There, fixed it for ya! 😉

I was thinking just Syntronik, but yea, if you have TSM + SampleTank 4 MAX...  The fee to reinstate the downloads is non-factor because who wants to ever have to download all of that again, anyways.

IK needs to hire some DSP programmers to just create a Synth like MODO Bass & Drums that emulates these analogue synths...

Edited by Maestro

9 minutes ago, Maestro said:

IK needs to hire some DSP programmers to just create a Synth like MODO Bass & Drums that emulates these analogue synths...

I agree! I have both of those as well as the full Syntronik and some UVI synth sample libraries. IK could go where Arturia has with the V Collection! I love the Analog Lab where you can quickly filter and audition from a library of 6500+ presets from those vintage instruments, all without waiting for samples to load!

From a user perspective, I find the advantage of loading emulation/modeled presets when auditioning synth sounds is much quicker and more practical than loading  sounds from sample libraries. I also have the AAS Chromaphone 3 and AAS Ultra Analog VA 3 which are totally modeled. I think that I prefer the speed and smaller system footprint of emulation and modeling!

Indeed.  I'm actually considering wiping out my IK Directory and reinstalling the sample libraries without Syntronik, because I think that's the part that I'm least likely to use heavily.  Will save me like 60GB of Space on my Sample Drive, and that's kind of a lot of bytes!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Indeed.  I'm actually considering wiping out my IK Directory and reinstalling the sample libraries without Syntronik, because I think that's the part that I'm least likely to use heavily.  Will save me like 60GB of Space on my Sample Drive, and that's kind of a lot of bytes!

But on the flip side, some of those Syntronik samples sound mighty fine! Sampled with care by a team including the owner of many of those vintage synths, Erik Norlander, who was the product manager for the original Alesis Andromeda analog synth! https://cdm.link/2017/07/syntronik-is-the-new-monster-softsynth-from-ik-hear-from-its-creator/

Up to you ! 😁

Edited by abacab

18 hours ago, abacab said:

It's $10 to reactivate your downloads for another 180 days. That is for everything in your account, not just for a single product. And you can use Jam Points for up to 30% of a purchase, so that can work out to $7 spent for another 180 days of downloads...

Yes, that's still a pain, but it is what it is...

22 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

ugh, I didn't realize this process.  I grabbed taht one but never ended up installing it, though the 180 days is now long gone.

Oh well.  

Surprised this new one is like 5 gigs of HD space. 

Just thinking aloud here. You could  create an account with another email address to get access to the downloads. Am guessing that since this is a freebie it doesn't mean violation of some IKM policy.

8 minutes ago, Kal S said:

Just thinking aloud here. You could  create an account with another email address to get access to the downloads. Am guessing that since this is a freebie it doesn't mean violation of some IKM policy.

I suppose that might get you a freebie in an alternate account, but you may have issues with downloading and activating products from multiple IK accounts on the same PC. The IK downloads are only accessible from within your account, and installs are activated to your PC based on that account.

• Like 1