Using a Boss BR-800 with Cakewalk

Brian Ward

I'm trying to use my BR-800 as a control surface for Cakewalk. I have mangaged (using the instructions from Boss) to get the BR-800 to talk to Cakewalk and have a visable signal on the screen. However I don't have a audible signal. I've tried changing the output setting in the computers setting back and forward between the two possible output options (BR-800 and the computers speakers) and still can't get an audible signal. Can anyone help with this? 

• Like 1

I'm working on getting a much older device working (Yamaha AW1600) with Cakewalk, and I'm not familiar with the BR-800.

From what I briefly read about it, it's is usable as combined control surface and sound card. I see all communication goes via USB, so I would make sure (which you probably already have done) that the driver for USB MIDI is installed (for use as control surface), as well as a separate driver (ASIO ?) for the sound part. I guess the sound part is the easiest, where as the control surface part is more complicated to get to work.