Sonar Home Studio 7 Cakewalk FX plugin help

Vickie_V

Question

Sonar Home Studio 7 Cakewalk
I was looking for an auto tune effect, not to pitch correct but to add that flangy sound to a vox track
I thought I could just do it with a flange effect, but I cannot
access the default flange in Sonar 7.
the flange shows in menu, but no window pops up,
the effects below the line work correctly, when you click on
it a pop up window comes out, but not the upper options.
So my question is two-fold
Is there an auto tune plug in for Sonar?
Any Idea why the default flange is not working properly?
I looked in the FX manager and they don't show up there,
are they not installed? If so can I install them?
I downloaded Sonitius which includes a flange, how do I
install this or other plugins/fx to sonar?

I am adding a couple of screen shots

thanks in advance

p.s. I have no plans of updating at this time, just trying to
make what I have work. 

FX_image.jpg

FX_image2.jpg

11 answers to this question

There is no "auto-tune" in Sonar/Cakewalk.

The flanger you've highlighted does seem to be DOA. Skip it and continue down the list to "Cakewalk > Flanger…" and it will open.

Just below 'Cakewalk' is 'Sonitusfx' so you already have those too, tho I don't see a flanger there.

To install plugins (dll files), just place them in the Cakewalk VST folder and run a scan to pick them up.

To install plugins (exe files), just double click the file and run the installer.

Also, the "Process" menu will 'permanently apply the effect to the audio clip. It may be better to add the flanger to the FX bin first so you can play with the settings nondestructively. Once you've settled on the right settings then you can "process" it if you want.

Edited by sjoens

The latest, free version of Cakewalk includes the Sonitus plugins. You can install this side by side with your current version to try it out. https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Plug-ins.1.html

Any plugins installed by the latest Cakewalk should then be available to Home Studio, and vice versa.

Cakewalk by BandLab will not replace Home Studio, but is a more feature rich, much more up to date version of Sonar, including all of the core functionality of the last Sonar Platinum version. Plus it is currently supported and updated by the BandLab team.

Edited by abacab

thanks for the reply, but as I stated above I'm not looking to upgrade now...and I already have the Sonitus plugin ...again I'm not sure how to install it, which I was also asking about. If you could tell me how to even istall it that would be helpful...thanks

thanks for all the input. I think there was no flange in cakewalk either, but I will check again.
Also thanks for the info on how to install, I found my original manual, and it doesn't say anywhere in there how to do it.
I also downloaded a couple of phone apps that do the auto tune effect perfect, I am going to play around with those as well, then just import the audio into sonar.

The CWB extension is used by Cakewalk for  bundle files. A Cakewalk bundle is a file containing a project file and the associated audio.

The Sonitus suite would either be part of a SONAR installer for versions of SONAR that included the plug-ins or as a separate installer in the case where the suite was purchased separately.