Cakewalk not sending MMC_START

Patrick Lefebvre

I am trying to get Cakewalk to start my software drum machine through Midi MMC_start.

I'm using Cakewalk 2020.11

LoopMIDI 1.0.16

I am running MidiTools to monitor what's happening on the midi channel.

Cakewalk can "see" the LoopMIDI Interface and I have it configured as both output and input ports.

IIn fact I've tried just about every configuration I can think of, which is why I'm here.

I have "transmit MMC" enabled.

When I hit STOP, I see a CC message going through, and if I configure the software drum machine, it receives the STOP message.

I've also configured a Midi track to send to my drum machine, and that works too (sort of)... I can get some notes to play on the software drum machine

But PLAY NEVER generates anything.

So, I know my MIDI control signals are going through because the STOP works, but how do I get Cakewalk to send the PLAY signal when I hit the play button???

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I hooked up my 505 via MIDI via my Motu Midi port. This is the settings I used and it worked first time. 

Now my 505 is pretty old and it uses plain old midi sync. I used to control my Yamaha MD8 recording desk transport using the MTC or MMC cannot remember which but what was important was to match up the frame rate. You notice it shows as 30 FPS here.  You need to know what your drum machine is set for possibly if this is the case.  

1650337351_2020-12-17(1).png.11274e3ef5119a81cfbbee8315bb91b4.png