Sonar 6 LE Activation

Jonathan Hunt

Question

Hello everyone. 

Back in the day I did a lot of recording and mixing on Sonar 6 LE. I want install it again so I can access my old projects. I still have the disc, the installation went perfectly, and it ran beautifully during the trial period. 

The problem is, now I can't activate it. When I try, I am told to make a new cakewalk account. But it looks like I'm unable to do that (since the new account dialog page is always missing). 

This was a free DAW to begin with. All I really want is an activation code so I can use it again. I would appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks. 

4 answers to this question

I don't think you'll be able to activate anything as far back as Sonar 6, even if you did have a working Cakewalk Inc account.

Just install the latest Cakewalk. It should load your most of Sonar 6 projects fine. I've managed to load projects as far back as Sonar 3.

If you do have any issues, I've found creating a new project, and dragging the old one in from the Media Browser usually helps.

Hi Mark, I appreciate the response. It's nice to know that will work if I have no other option. However, I had hoped to open the projects just as they were, legacy 32 bit plugins and all. 

By the way, by "latest cakewalk," do you mean cakewalk by bandlab, or the most recent sonar before bandlab? 

Hi, Jonathan.
The company that made SONAR no longer exists. BandLab bought the rights to the software and is providing it free of charge for those with 64-bit OSes.
You won't be able to get any SONAR software by download that you didn't previously buy. The old SOAR Command Center still works, I read, but SONAR 6 LE wasn't a DL app.
Many 32-bit plug-ins will still work in the 64-bit CbB.