Hi Jose

Thank you for kind words, glad you like orchestools.

In terms of using articulations you can use both, you can, of course, create separate instances of the instrument and load specific articulations presets on them or use the layers inside a single instance of the instrument, load the desired articulation samplemap, edit the parameters to your taste and set different MIDI ch. for each of the layers which then you can than control utilizing articulations control from Cakewalk, or controller MIDI channel switch or some other way that utilizes MIDI channels. 

There are few factory presets that explore this possibility,  inside the MULTIS&COMBIS group there are 5 presets that start with MIDI (MIDI BASS ARTICULATIONS, MIDI TUTTI ARTICULATIONS etc.) that demonstrate this feature. On these presets Layer 1 has a MIDI ch. set to 1,  Layer 2 to MIDI ch. 2, and so on... (MIDI channel is set on "MIDI&KEYRANGE" subpanel of the layer UI). By changing the MIDI channel on a controller (or DAW clip/articulation) you jump through layers which have each a specific articulation samplemap loaded with other edited parameters as well. In this way you can save, load, customize and create your own setups that specifically suit your project.

Example: You can open four instances of ORCHESTOOLS | STRINGS and on each of them have 4 types of articulations of the instrument group - 4 violins articulations, 4 viola art.... and so on! Or, you can load 4 different tutti articulations samplemaps on a single instrument instance. Or combine the two and create new and unique orchestral textures... 

Hope this helps a bit! 

Regards.

Ilir

Edited by ilir bajri
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

New Day | Sketchbook II

sketchbook II is a serie of music pieces made to showcase sounds and possibilities of ORCHESTOOLS | SECTIONS - Free Public Orchestra open source virtual instruments (musictop69.wixsite.com/orchestools)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ilir bajri said:

suggestions, requests and such are most welcome

I'd like to be able to customize the colors, even if it's just the module backgrounds. As you can see from my sig, I love to customize my tools.

Especially when I'm doing orchestral stuff, I like to use sends for reverb, so versions of the presets without the convolution would be a convenience.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, Starship Krupa said:

I'd like to be able to customize the colors, even if it's just the module backgrounds. As you can see from my sig, I love to customize my tools.

Especially when I'm doing orchestral stuff, I like to use sends for reverb, so versions of the presets without the convolution would be a convenience.

Noted! 

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2022 at 3:54 PM, Starship Krupa said:

As always, Ilir, thank you so much for bringing us ORCHESTOOLS. They've mostly replaced my use of Sonivox Orchestral Companions.

I'll second that. I've just come across this and much appreciate the hard work that will have gone into creating it. Many thanks.

• Like 3